“Wonderfully Unique Atmosphere”
Review of Zola

Zola
Ranked #108 of 929 Restaurants in Spokane
Reviewed April 29, 2014

A bartender at another pub recommended Zola's for great food and live entertainment. We were pleasantly surprised by the unique, but warm, decor of this establishment. Brick walls, tilt-a-whirl seats on the upper floor, even a canoe hanging from the ceiling. We were here for the "all day happy hour specials" on a Sunday (they open at 4 pm), with reduced prices on a number of their menu items. We ordered their mac & cheese....we honestly thought we had died and gone to heaven with this dish, how can a simple dish be so delicious?! It was mild but its wonderful flavors melded into a heavenly experience. Unfortunately the live entertainment didn't start until later in the evening so we missed it. We would definitely return to Zola's the next time we are in Spokane!

1  Thank Chris-Colleen

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The people watching New Year's Eve was interesting :-) The service was fast and pleasant! It's small but cozy!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Newly found favorite place...you can make a meal of the apps. Selection of beers are well rounded and the 'tenders know what is good. My favorite there are the tacos and the peppercorn mushroom and steak. Ok, I avoid gluten, dairy and sugar...but I will sacrifice my diet for the sourcream in the peppercorn mushroom and steak dish. Corn tortillas do have flour, and I ask for no cheese. They are very accommodating to those special requests. Been there twice with live entertainment...they make sure the performers are easy to enjoy.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Haha because the nightspot/restaurant has old amusement ride seats. I could never ride the tiltawhirl when I was a kid (made me sick) but now I can sit in one of the metal ride seats and have some delicious fish and chips, steak bites, or Kobe mini bacon cheeseburgers. They have more pleasurable eating temptations and a great priced happy hour week afternoons and all day on Sunday. The decor is fun. Old mailboxes for lighting, a stainless steel five foot muffler for tap beer and an array of unusual and very interesting useful objects you would never imagine putting to use in an eatery. A stage with live music featuring our own Coeur d'Alene's Bill Bozley with occasional assistant guitar player, Michael Elliott, famous LA blues rock and roll guy. Plenty of seating. Friendly atmosphere.

Been to Zola? Share your experiences!