“So unique!”

Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Description: Welcome to the historic Steam Plant, site of an award-winning preservation effort and a landmark Spokane destination. The Steam Plant was built in 1916 and provided radiant steam heat to over 300 buildings in downtown Spokane until it closed in 1986. Avista and Wells and Company renovated the building and re-opened it in 1999, preserving much of the original working plant. While you're here, be sure to take a moment for a self-guided tour. Narrative displays are located throughout this one-of-a-kind building. We hope you enjoy our distinctive approach to dining, in which we work with local farmers and ranchers to create dishes that celebrate the best our region has to offer.
Missoula
“So unique!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

What an awesome atmosphere! Once had a wonderful meal once before and this time enjoyed happy hour in the pub. Shellfish appetizers were yummmmm!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good food, good beer...”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I found this place in one of the magazines in the hotel and decided to give it a try. It's downtown in an old steam plant. The building is really cool. The restaurant is upstairs and there's a pub below. The food is a little pricier (about $20-25 a plate) but it's pretty good. I had the black and white halibut and it was really good, the fish was not dried out. The best part... They have a huckleberry harvest ale! Try this beer! It's light and nutty with a hint of sweet from the huckleberry. I loved it. I would go there again.

Hong Kong, China
“Unique and well converted”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

It is steam plant converted into a restaurant. It is unique with area assigned for functions and parties. It is good for corporate function or birthday party. It is not cheap but the quality of food is good. The food is of a fusion type and the service is commendable.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dominic Y
Spokane, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Bad”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am not a picky eater. I had the scallops on the quinoa cakes, and from the first bite, it was terrible. I've never had a restaurant ruin a perfectly good scallop, but this one did. My daughter tasted the quinoa and asked, "What could be in it that makes it taste like it came out of a basement?" I took another few bites, hoping a great flavor would kick in, but it just was not good. My son had the ribs with the mustard sauce, and the sauce was rather bitter and distracted from the flavor of the ribs rather than enhancing it. The portions were so small for the money, so I was gravely disappointed. We waited and waited for our server so we could at least order dessert, and we still waited another ten minutes after asking our water server if he could find her for us. First time in my life I've ever been this dissatisfied with a restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Laura M
Spokane
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The beer here is pretty good, especially compared to the other local breweries. The food is a little lacking in my opinion but everyone has their own tastes and who knows, this may be just the type of food that you like. The Steam Plant building is pretty awesome to wander around it. Tons of history that is worth the visit.

• Visited February 2014