“Unique and well converted”
Review of Steam Plant

Steam Plant
Ranked #16 of 887 Restaurants in Spokane
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Description: Welcome to the historic Steam Plant, site of an award-winning preservation effort and a landmark Spokane destination. The Steam Plant was built in 1916 and provided radiant steam heat to over 300 buildings in downtown Spokane until it closed in 1986. Avista and Wells and Company renovated the building and re-opened it in 1999, preserving much of the original working plant. While you're here, be sure to take a moment for a self-guided tour. Narrative displays are located throughout this one-of-a-kind building. We hope you enjoy our distinctive approach to dining, in which we work with local farmers and ranchers to create dishes that celebrate the best our region has to offer.
Hong Kong, China
“Unique and well converted”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

It is steam plant converted into a restaurant. It is unique with area assigned for functions and parties. It is good for corporate function or birthday party. It is not cheap but the quality of food is good. The food is of a fusion type and the service is commendable.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dominic Y

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Spokane, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Bad”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am not a picky eater. I had the scallops on the quinoa cakes, and from the first bite, it was terrible. I've never had a restaurant ruin a perfectly good scallop, but this one did. My daughter tasted the quinoa and asked, "What could be in it that makes it taste like it came out of a basement?" I took another few bites, hoping a great flavor would kick in, but it just was not good. My son had the ribs with the mustard sauce, and the sauce was rather bitter and distracted from the flavor of the ribs rather than enhancing it. The portions were so small for the money, so I was gravely disappointed. We waited and waited for our server so we could at least order dessert, and we still waited another ten minutes after asking our water server if he could find her for us. First time in my life I've ever been this dissatisfied with a restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Laura M
Spokane
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The beer here is pretty good, especially compared to the other local breweries. The food is a little lacking in my opinion but everyone has their own tastes and who knows, this may be just the type of food that you like. The Steam Plant building is pretty awesome to wander around it. Tons of history that is worth the visit.

• Visited February 2014
Spokane, Washington
“Great atmosphere, close to the Fox, okay food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Old steam plant character unlike anywhere else around. They were very creative keeping as much of the old pipes and giant gears as possible. I love that even on busy nights there is still a place to sit here, great for taking guests for the first time too. The food is okay, but not as good as you would hope for.

• Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“This is a COOL place!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This restaurant is totally cool. I actually ate in the pub in the basement but the menu is the same and I was traveling alone for business. The service was awesome but the building is just totally cool. They have large party tables inside the old boilers! The food was terrific. I had the bleu cheese sirloin (can't remember what they call it) and must say it is the best sirloin I think I have ever had (much closer to a filet) and that blue cheese "butter" was just crazy good. I would DEFINITELY recommend it far above Churchills -- which was just OK.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank WSS48

Been to Steam Plant? Share your experiences!