“Great Food, Atmosphere”
Review of Stella's Cafe - CLOSED

Stella's Cafe
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I visited Stella's Cafe with a friend for the first time today -- and discovered a place perfect for lunch, and offering a great atmosphere and really good food. Long and narrow with what I imagine is the original interior brick wall, it offers a cool and private space for a relaxing meal. I had the chicken salad with tarragon -- It added a very nice, very subtle herbal touch to what would have been ordinary at many other places. The tomato soup was incredible, and I spent some time trying to figure out the 'secret' ingredient that made it so good. The wait staff was wonderful -- friendly, helpful, and accommodating. This place is great -- what a find for me, right here in my own city!

1  Thank Mary K

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We needed a break and someone suggested Stella's. The friendly crew welcomed us "strangers" in as if we were family. We tried the tuna sandwich which was excellent....along with a few of their fresh cookies!!! I also tried their spectacular tomato soup (which if you like tomato soup you need to go try Stella's!! Lunch was marvelous. The old brick walls probably could have told lots of stories. We got our break, great service, made new friends, and had a super lunch.

1  Thank Judy G
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My mom introduced me to Stella sandwiches just after I had my daughter. Mouth-watering yummy goodness! I've tried the Meatloaf, portabella, jerk pork, and prime roast beef. Warm toasted bread, well-thought out flavor combos & textures. Oh the oatmeal choc chip cookies are scrumptious too! A Must Try. Small shop tucked into a brick bldg btwn Monroe & Lincoln on Broadway. Buy Local!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

No sign just a sidewalk "A" frame. Discovered it by chance and noticed inside the open garage overhead door a coffee bar. What a find. Great coffee but also freshly made sandwiches and salads. I was talking to the owners' son Anthony about the chickpea salad and we started talking about lentils/pulses etc and he said they grew 20 miles south in the Palouse. Took our coffee and had a side trip there and then back for lunch. One of the best and simplest meals out of 20 on our vacation in WA/MT/ID.

1  Thank Mrbob3338