“My favorite old-time, on-airfield diner in America”
Review of Skyway Cafe

Skyway Cafe
Ranked #97 of 921 Restaurants in Spokane
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This New Yorker discovered the Skyway Cafe when visiting Spokane's historic, general aviation airport, Felts Field, about 2 - 3 miles from downtown. Felts has an active aviation community, and the Cafe is a great excuse to come to the field for a terrific breakfast. It's a clean, bright cafe looking out on the runway, and is festooned with aviation knick-knacks. Don't miss the enormous, first-rate walnut sticky buns. Others in my party had the buckwheat pancakes & an excellent side of bacon. Our friendly waitress refilled our coffee repeatedly. This is a great place to come with kids, who can watch the planes come & go. The cafe fills up on the weekends, so come early if you can and soak up some local aviation history & culture while you enjoy an excellent American breakfast.

3  Thank Beth415

Reviewed March 2, 2011

This is a really neat place. Their eggs benedict was very good, and the cooks put the "short" in short-order cooking. My buddy and I ordered, and we had our plates in front of us in what seemed like less than five minutes. And there were a bunch of folks in there, with more coming in after us. Very nice, attentive and capable waitresses. The decor and location along Felts Field runway make this place an exceptional breakfast/lunch destination. Expect to pay a buck or two more than other diners for menu items, but I didn't mind at all. I will definitely go again...

1  Thank gcleff11