“Yak was "quiet"”

Ranked #430 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
Spokane
“Yak was "quiet"”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Second time here, first time I couldn't hear myself think--I saw someone talking to me but there was no chance to hear at all. This trip better. Limited number of taps but good depth of quality. Food not outstanding but definitely better than average bar fare. I'd go back unless it was the same time as a major hockey, basketball, football, NASCAR, or baseball event. If they would cover Tour de France I'd be there...every morning at 6 am?

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Michael E

Spokane, Washington
“The Yak is a...great STEAKHOUSE??”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I saw the readerboard...HAND CUT STEAKS...TWICE BAKED POTATOES...SALAD...$15...
My wife and I made plans to go to dinner Tuesday night, to the Screaming Yak. We have enjoyed their weekend breakfasts, and the occasional plate of wings, but going to the Yak for a steak dinner seemed...a little odd for us, first, because I like to cook my own steaks, and second, because going out for dinner has actually become a painful experience of sending cold food back, actually expecting good service, and being able to use a clean bathroom. (If this describes your favorite restaurant, I am sorry, but we have been there ONCE, and we're not coming back.)
We could not believe the efficiency and service oriented attitude of the server, the mostly iceburg mix salad was crisp and good, the twice baked potatoe was LOADED with cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives, and the hand cut steak was an eight ounce top sirloin, perfectly seasoned, cooked to a perfect mid-rare, delivered hot and delicious.
They turned my comfortable old sports bar into a little bit of steakhouse, and I like it!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank GregoryJohnson
Spokane, Washington
“Yummy!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

first time I had been there. took my dad with me, he had a huge plate of nachos and I had the breakfast burger. so good! service was great and price was fair. would defantly go again.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Karenh1975
Washington
“SCREAMING YUKKY”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

one hour for a sandwich that was gut wrenching , cold & got the order wrong. I had this sandwich here before & it was made disgustingly different ! "The Italian" was like some cold crappy cheap pizza. Service was horribly slow but when your really busy who cares? Its gone down hill in our book , thankfully there are other places to eat. Suggestion: maybe waitresses could spend less time with TV remotes & take care of business !? Still belching the little bit I ate, wife wouldn't even eat hers ! Adios Screaming YUK

• Visited January 2012
sokane,wa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sream for the yak”
Reviewed March 26, 2009

This is a good old bar, if your looking for a place to eat,drink,or watch a game you won't find a much better place.

1 Thank bigd99

Been to Screaming Yak? Share your experiences!