“Best Breakfast in Town”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Seattle, Washington
“Best Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have come here a few times when I'm in town and the food is always fantastic. Any place that has 5 pounds of hashbrowns on the grill at all times is my kind of place. The breakfast selection has the usual favorites but many dishes are served up with a bit of a twist on classic diner fare. For example, the Eggs Benedict can come with a creole inspired hollandaise sauce. The pancakes are fluffy and stacked high.

My only issue was during my most recent visit. The classic train car is a great venue, but the seating is very limited and there is usually a wait. No problem. But this time the hostess didn't seem to be very organized. She told us to expect a 15 minute wait, but as time went on (30 minutes in fact), we noticed that people that arrived after us were being seated. We got in eventually, but it made a bad first impression.

Overall though, this is a consistent and outstanding breakfast spot.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Cute place”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Nice railroad car diner, 15 minute wait to sit was ok.food was good service was good.I had the silver dollar pancakes which were very good.

New York City, New York
“Great food, cool vibe, but pricey.”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I loved franks diner! The atmosphere, the staff, and the food was all good. I was seated right away but i was only a party of 2. Expect a wait! Place was very small. Also a little on the pricey side, My BLT sandwich was $10.00? Whats with that? Bacon was delicious but being that is one of the simplest menu items that was overpriced in my opinion.

• Visited July 2014
Spokane, Washington
“Back in time at Franks”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Take a walk back in time and visit this marvelous Northern Pacific Railway Car that has been operating as Franks Diner for many years. If you go on a Sat or Sun morning expect to wait a bit and you might find yourself outside the Diner as waiting room inside is limited. The food is marvelous and if you are sitting at the counter you can watch the cook prepare your meal. The atmosphere in the diner is just like you would expect in an old train care. For many folks they have never actually been in a rail car so this can be a real treat... Like I said, a Trip Back in Time with up to date menu items.. Try it out next time you have a urge for a tasty breakfast or lunch in a real Railroad car.

South Bend, Indiana
“Love the train car and decor”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Made a quick stop at Frank's after a long day driving, after quickly reading some reviews. When we got there, I couldn't make up my mind, so asked the friendly waiter. He suggested either chicken fried steak or the bacon hamburger. I went with the latter, but think I'd have done better with the former. The burger was too well done for my taste, and the bun too, well, bunnie. Great (and generous portion of) fries. And a killer chocolate shake.

The restaurant itself is really cool with a long bar and a bunch of 2 and 4 people booths toward the rear of the car. Friendly staff. I'd want to go back and try again.

• Visited July 2014