“Worth the Wait!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were looking for a local place for breakfast and Frank's was strongly recommended by the front desk staff at our hotel. Arriving at 10:30 am on a Sunday morning, we feared a long wait and were told that our party of four could be accommodated in 35 to 45 minutes. We opted to wait and were rewarded with seats at the counter in less than 20 minutes.

We each ordered something different and everyone loved their breakfast. It was great to watch the meals being prepared right in front of us and how well several people did their jobs in a tightly-confined space.

The food was fantastic and the service was spot-on. We will go back any time we are in Spokane.

997 - 1,001 of 1,149 reviews

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been here about five times, once with my wife. Each time I (we) got the feeling that it wasn't quite good enough to come back. There were sometimes flaws in the service and/or food but nothing horrible.....like say cold eggs and warm hash browns on the same plate. The worst of it was when I looked at the check. The best was when I looked at the really neat dining car interior. The best move would be to eat at a fast food joint and then tour a railroad museum.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I stopped at Frank's this morning after reading TripAdvisor recommendations, and it didn't disappoint. The place runs like a carefully choreographed ballet ... or military organization! We both ordered the 'little frenchy' -- french toast with one egg and one slice of bacon, which was way plenty for my 55-year-old appetite. Everything was perfectly cooked and delicious.

The only downside was something that should have been obvious. We didn't want to wait for a booth so sat at the counter, part of which is right in front of the griddle. It was interesting to watch the cooks at work, but the banging of spatula on metal griddle, clean plates banging onto the top of the stack ... it was LOUD! So beware and wait for a booth if you're noise-sensitive.

I'm going to stop at Frank's any time I'm next in Spokane. Yum!

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The wife as I are huge breakfast people and were here for 6 days and ate breakfast here 3 times! Every dish I got was amazing, the service was beyond good, and has a fun atmosphere. Priced very well with half portions available on most entrees. Highy reccomend

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Holy Cow! Frank's is incredible! Built in a rail car, best seat in the house is right in front of the stove where you can watch cooks skillfully prepare everything from hash browns to every imaginable egg dish. It's like watching the "cheeburger" routine on Saturday Night Live. This is not a place of the cholesterol-fearing crowd! Life's short, eat well! Massive quantities of food put this in the high two-digit WeightWatchers count from the get-go. I've eaten breakfasts around the world--- Frank's is the best!