“Fun for breakfast”

Cuisines: Mexican
Spokane, Washington
“Fun for breakfast”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We like this place for an occasional breakfast, but the booths a very small. Servings a huge...their omlettes are as big as sleeping bags.

Spokane, Washington
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Best Mexican Food in Spokane. Not fancy, but great flavor, service and environment.

Visited December 2011
Phoenix
“Great food, good Atmosphere great value, medium service”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This is another place I have been to 25 times or more. My kids loved it the many times we went there, this last visit was by myself, must have been close to closing, the service was very poor. The waiter had friends in an adjacent booth and spent the majority of his time there socializing while my Margarita and water glass were both empty. The food was good, always is, when it came time for my check, after waiting for several minutes (there were only 3 active tables) I finally went up to the cash register and paid the Manager there. most of the other times I have been there service was good, at closing tho, they have other things on there minds I guess.

• Visited April 2011
Nelson, Canada
“Inexpensive, Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

If you are looking for a quick inexpensive lunch or dinner, give this authentic Mexican diner a try. I have been several times and never leave disappointed. Always fresh ingredients, large portions and quick good service by real Mexicans! On our last visit we even got a complimentary shot of quality tequila - and this was during an early lunch! We will be back.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank AJay1974
York, PA
“Great Mexican Food.”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I know these guys get outshone by other fancier places in town.

But Rancho Cheapo is a place you can eat every single day, with variety, spice, service and speed, and low cost.

Love their burritos. Shredded beef is fantastic, chicken only slightly less so. The "Rancho Chico Burrito" is enough for two.

They bring out a pico de gallo on request that is excellent. Sopapillas with your check.

When I lived in Spokane, this little spot was a go-to for us gringos. Everybody liked the owners, the servers and the food. You can get it gringo-style, mild, or ask for a bit more heat.

They do use the same house sauce on a lot of different dishes, giving many choices a "Rancho Chico" taste. That's part of keeping the cost down. Once you explore the menu, you'll find more variety than you thought was there with the standard burritos, tacos, fajitas, tamales, chiles rellenos...

But start on a lunch with the shredded beef Rancho Burrito.

You'll be back to try something else.