“Mexican food for the non-Mexican food lover” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #125 of 878 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Phoenix Arizona
“Mexican food for the non-Mexican food lover”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

Not in recent memory have I been so dissatisfied with a Mexican dinner. I do not consider myself an expert in the cuisine but I have lived much of my life in Arizona, California and Texas and have eaten a fare amount of Mexican style cooking. I am familiar with the variance in cooking styles in the states on both sides of the boarder. I ordered tacos al carbon with expectations of that prepared by Ninfa’s in Houston. What I got was three soggy taco shells filled with tasteless beef. My spouse is a chile relleno aficionado and she too was dissatisfied with her meal. While I understand and appreciate that not all Mexican style cooking is spicy, these meals were bland beyond all expectations. There are many good restaurants in Spokane, you might want to give this one a miss.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I think that this is one...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2008

I think that this is one of the best Mexican restaurants in Spokane. I would recommend their items that are marked as specialties, they are delicious and not your basic enchilada or burrito.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook