“Queen of Sheba reigns!”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In the Flour Mill Building. Opened 5/2/2010
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Wow, so glad we stumbled upon this cozy little restaurant in the Old Flour Mill! We came in expecting to buy cheese at a next door shop, but the enticing aromas drew us in to investigate.

Be prepared to have not only a delicious culinary array of menu options, including beef, chicken, lamb, and vegetarian, but also a fun dining adventure eating with your fingers. Meals are served in a traditional platter/shallow dish with a traditional Ethiopian pancake (NOT the right name!) covered with your selected entrees. We tried a mild flavor beef and a lamb dish; next time, will go big and order something with a spicy bite. Also had the chicken appetizer that was fantastic (wished there had been more than 4 pieces, but it was probably good that there wasn't or I wouldn't have had room for the baklava!).

Definitely plan to return! Be prepared for a slow food dining experience; come prepared to visit with your party an enjoy the mellow environment while your meal is prepared for you.

Recommend for couples and families with older kids who have more mature taste buds, although well-behaved little kids would probably get a kick out the no utensils approach. Fun dining destination and they validate parking!

There are newer reviews for Queen of Sheba Ethiopian Cuisine

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Queen of Sheba serves great traditional Ethiopian cuisine. You find no eating utensils on the table since everything is eaten by hand. So if you don't want to gross the rest of your party out you should make sure your nails and hands are clean...as well as the rest of you group. The lamb dishes are fantastic. It is a great eating adventure and certainly out of the ordinary. Be sure you aren't in a big hurry since they are a popular place and you may have to wait.

1  Thank IRTrvlr
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I love this little place. The food is great and you feel like you've been invited into the owner's home. My husband and I have done the coffee ceremony a few times and she goes through the whole roasting, grinding and brewing process right in front of you. She invites you into the cultural experience with a smile and makes some of the best coffee I've ever had. I know some people who aren't keen on Ethiopian food but I've personally enjoyed every meal I've had here.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The owner is you server, and she will not hesitate to share her story if you ask, or teach you of the customs. I have had the meat and veggie sampler. Sometime with the right person I will ask for the coffee service - a custom of theirs as well. You eat with your fingers, in Ethiopia often you feed each other. Nicely spiced with similar flavors of India, but not a bold. They do not offer wine and beer - which is perfectly fine with me. I like to take people there for their first time, it is fun to watch them with their first experience.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The aroma as you walk into the old floor mill.. as if I am walking into my mothers kitcken. The warm smiles of the staff and tje amazing food a must try when ever you are spokane.