“Very Nice”

Ranked #106 of 912 Restaurants in Spokane
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Nice little restaurant in downtown Spokane. Great ambience for a relaxed dining experience. My husband ordered the sirloin steak with a huckleberry reduction sauce, mashed potatoes and vegetables. I ordered the crab & artichoke sub with the caesar salad. It was a good thing that we had already decided to share our meals because the crab/artichoke sub was so rich that neither of us could finish our half of the sandwich. It was very good, but a whole one would have been way too much. The steak was very tender and cooked nicely. It's not a Spencer's steak, but it was good. My son had the Kobe Beef burger and even at 10 years old he realized that is was not an everyday burger! We enjoyed our visit and we'll be back!

1  Thank jane850

Reviewed August 10, 2010

We like this place. The salad is an "award winner" and frankly, I was expecting more when I heard that. I love a good salad before a meal and it was just "OK". I had the halibut as I recall, with parmesan artichoke sauce over it which I thought didn't sound so great, but the waiter recommended it and it was good. Prices were reasonable and meals included soup or salad . Reasonably priced wine also.

1  Thank petnut2
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Super service and excellent food. The ambience is the added feature. Everyone should try it at least once. There is something on the menu for everyone.

1  Thank TJB1989
Reviewed April 8, 2010

This is my favorite restaurant in Spokane. As a business traveler, I eat in many restaurants in many cities, and Herbal Essence is one I always look forward to visiting. Over many trips, I've gotten to know the owner, Ryan, who's always working and always provides great service. They have a small menu, but everything on it is great! The food is exciting, with bold flavors and great presentation. I highly recommend Herbal Essence to anyone visiting or living in Spokane.

1  Thank microsteve40