“Perfect restaurant experience”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Richland, Washington
“Perfect restaurant experience”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My wife and I had the good pleasure of finding this little gem in Spokane. The atmosphere, food, and service was exactly what you would want for an enjoyable evening. We began with the hummus appetizer, followed by beef Wellington and salmon. Each dish was delicious. I finished with a slice of apple pie... also, very good. Herbal Essence also features a good wine list including a local selection, the very good Barrister Winery. You will not be disappointed with a meal at Herbal Essence!

• Visited July 2014

Spokane, Washington
“Bad first impression!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Made reservation for dinner and noted we would be attending a showing of Wicked. My wife and I arrived for dinner at 6:00, thinking no worries about making 7:30 show right down the street, though we still reminded server about timing and noted this was our first visit. Seated quickly as the restaurant was less than 1/3 full. Ordered wine and an appetizer, both which were nice. Ordered entrees when wine arrived. Sometime around 6:50 we reminded server about our time constraints. Entrees still didn't arrive till 7:07, just about the time we were going to get up and leave. Not sure why salmon and chicken were hard to prepare on time? With few options we were each able to finish some of our meal. Food was not memorable, but we were rushed. Bill came "quickly" with no recognition off issues. Very disappointing visit and start to one of our few "date nights." Fabulous show saved the evening.

1 Thank DonaldMax
Helena, Montana
“great food, great people”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Last night 11 teenage girls and their mothers were treated to great food and great service! I so appreciate the level of service I received from everyone at Herbal Essence Cafe! they worked with me from the start to make the evening enjoyable and affordable for everyone. we had a 5:30 reservation and had plenty of time to make the 8:00 showing of Wicked. Everyone loved their food; from herbed salmon, gorgonzola chicken to huckleberry baked steak. They also did not bat an eye at special food request; gluten intolerance and a rice allergy. The house wines were very good, reasonably priced and served in a generous glass! Deserts were enjoyed by all and shared around. Except for one serving of apple pie, which never made it from daughter to mother. We travel to Spokane as a group every year and definitely will be looking forward to eating at Herbal Essence Cafe next year!! I highly recommend this restaurant.

spokane
“Casual, comfy dining with step-above food.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Salad could have been dressed a little more generously but all in all, a balanced meal. Tasty cocktails. I enjoyed the flavor of the pasta dish. Steak was well-prepared. Convenient near- theater location.

Spokane, Washington
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was quite surprised that Herbal Essence didn’t have a higher like percentage on Urbanspoon. My husband and I went there during restaurant week and later when we used a Groupon. Both trips: had excellent service, food and cocktails. Herbal Essence can get pricey. However, I feel the prices at Herbal Essence are in line with the value of the food. I don’t always feel this way. Clover, for example, has outstanding brunches and a fantastic bar but I feel Clover’s dinners are overpriced for the food quality. Reservations are must at Herbal Essence, especially if it’s an event night at the INB Theater. You may have to wait a bit for service. I’m ok with that because two servers are greeting, waiting and bartending for the entire floor. I don’t go to a sit down dinner eatery to zoom through my meal like I would at a fast food restaurant.

The only part of the cuisine that is lacking at Herbal Essence is the desserts. My husband and I felt that Herbal Essence buys pre-made desserts for their tray. We ordered a dessert during restaurant week and it was Costco quality.

• Visited April 2014