“Great pairings and good location”

Herbal Essence Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Herbal Essence Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 881 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Nine Mile Falls, Washington
“Great pairings and good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is definitely the place to go if you are going to anything at the INB. We had the place nearly to ourselves until a little after 6pm -- this was the time most people had made reservations as the INB had a show at 8pm. We had tickets for the civic at 7:30pm and had more than enough time. The Chowder was unique and flavorful (ie a fusion of herbs). The halibut was excellent and paired nicely with sauteed peppers and squash. The lamb was cooked perfectly and had a wonderful flavor with the stone-ground mustard demi-glaze. We missed not seeing the stuffed dungeness crab on the menu - it is my wife's favorite. The house wines- Chardonnay and Merlot are better than most house wines at other establishments. The portion sizes were average for the price. While the lighting is scarce to create the mood it could be a little brighter to be able to read the menus. Overall, I would recommend Herbal Essence to others.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank kcschueler

Penticton, Canada
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was definitely expecting more from this restaurant based on what I had heard and the reviews I had read. We did enjoy the house salad but our main courses were less than exciting. Both the steak and the lamb appeared to be served with the same mashed potatoes and gravy that left me wondering if they were perhaps from a package. Nothing really makes me want to go back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dawn A
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Local, fresh flavor in downtown Spokane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

A coworker was in town so a few of us went out for dinner. We couldn't have picked a better place! The atmosphere was quiet and inviting. The food was unbelievable -- the house salad was the best salad I've ever had. My entree was unique and cooked to perfection. I will definitely be eating there again.

• Visited November 2013
“Fresh Choice for dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been a few times and had consistently great dinners. The menu choices were fresh and very unique. The attention to pairing complimentary items was interesting and delicious. A little on the spendy side but you get what you pay for. Wide variety of items, we will be back soon.

Spokane
“Great little cafe in downtown Spokane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Herbal Essence offers a fresh and delicious approach to everyday meal choices! The crab melt with cheddat and garlic aiole was superb as was the hailbut! We loved every bite! It is a easy walk from most downtown venues and hotels! We will be back!

• Visited October 2013

Been to Herbal Essence Cafe? Share your experiences!