“Overrated...”

Pete's Pizza
Ranked #457 of 912 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Ya know... There are better calzone options in the Spokane area. I don't need to mention them, lest some other Tripadvisor members think I'm affiliated with those establishments. No complaints, really, with the calzones they make as far as flavor goes, but they are a bit pricey for the size of the finished product. I grew up on the east coast, and back there ricotta is the standard-use cheese when you order them. That's what makes them true calzones. Pete's standard cheese is mozzarella, and while no one will ever complain about good old mozzy, in essence their calzones are essentially nothing more than stuffed pizza. You can get ricotta, but at a premium price because it is a "special ingredient." Sorry for my east coast bias, but hey, we invented the darn things... Also, the folks who work there really don't give a damn about anyone. I certainly don't need a red carpet and rose petals thrown at my feet, but I sure don't mind a little bit of pleasantness from service people. It's like all the nerds from high school grew up and got a job at Pete's so they could be really condescending and snide to all of us now. Touche', I suppose... They do recommend on their website to call your sit-down order in, because it does take quite a bit of time to bake the finished product. That is a good idea, and hey, they're making it fresh, and there's nothing wrong with that...

1  Thank gcleff11

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 30, 2008

Best calzone's in Spokane

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Pete's Pizza? Share your experiences!