“Fun Casual Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Thai Pizza was soooo yummy. The kids menu was excellent with lots of choices at a good price. The atmosphere was a fun atmosphere like a pub. There is even a motorcycle suspended in the middle.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our table had okay food overall, my own personally - Not so great. Don't get the Monte Cristo, unless you like deep fried and very greasy. Service was good and friendly.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been to Spokane countless times [I was actually born here, too] but had never heard of this restaurant until some of the work mates I was her to work with had me come with them to the Onion. I WILL be back and will highly recommend to anyone who cares to hear me!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My fish was overdone and burnt and the chicken was overdone too. Not much filling of the ice tea. Lemon was soggy and should have been thrown away.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place is having a bit of an identity crisis. The Onion is in a beautiful building with great turn-of-the-century accents, which are punched up with some really classy period-correct decor. It could be a fun, historic pub, if not for the dozen or more flat-panels adorning every wall. The anachronism is jarring.

That said, there's a secret dessert that's been a Spokane favorite for a while, and I'll keep coming to the Onion for it; even though the interior looks like a time-machine accident.

Been to Onion? Share your experiences!