“Good meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Gorgeous North Idaho
“Good meal”
Reviewed December 24, 2009

My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary at one of the top rated restaurants in Spokane. The booth we were in was drafty on our legs but with the floor to ceiling windows, we were not surprised. The decor was not fancy like we expected. It was a very comfortable decor. Our waiter appeared after quite some time, talked a little then went on his way. I was ready for a drink by the time he finally came back. I am a sucker for Pomme Frites and they were very, very good. The golden balsamic aioli was a yummy sauce. Salads were a very decent size and very good. I had the beet salad and was expecting a lot of beets since they are listed before lettuce but it was the other way around. A few beets on a large bed of lettuce.
On to the main course. I had the Anderson lamb which was served with the most scrumptious little potato galette, the galette was the best part of the meal. The lamb wasn't very flavorful but it was good.
My husband had the chicken breast. The chicken was tender but wasn't exactly infused with flavor. The chanterelle sauce was very tasty but there was a hair in it. YIKES! The green beans were cut short which was very different but were fresh and okay.
We were given a piece of coconut cake to take to our hotel and eat later. It was nothing to write home about. The filing between layers was non existant and the cake was a tad bit dry. Good thing it comes with whipped cream.
I am very happy to see they have a following. Obviously many, many people have had a wonderful experience at Luna. We wish them all the best but we won't be back.

1 Thank sunnysnowflake

Spokane, WA
“Nice atmosphere, pretty decor, friendly servers, great food!”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I just went last night with a party of 5. Every single person (on staff) we interacted with was very friendly and warm and welcoming.
The decor is very nice. The dining room we were in had vaulted ceilings and antique furniture. It looked like they have an outdoor eating area in the warmer weather because one whole wall of our dining room had windowed doors leading outside...but it was too dark for me to see what was out there.
I had a margarita, butternut squash & crab bisque, coconut curry prawns and coconut cake. The food was very good. The prawns were cooked just right and the curry sauce was so delicious, if a little on the spicy side. The serving sizes were just right, not too much food. The cake slices were huge, I still have half of mine, and it was a heavy cake, like a pound cake, which I really apprecate, not some light fluffy thing where you wonder what you are paying for. You could tell it was made with lots of eggs and butter. I'm kind of a cake snob and really enjoyed it.
One of my friends got the cheese plate appetizer and that looked wonderful. I might get that next time. My other friend got the beet salad and she was very happy with it.
My bill before tip was $55. Very reasonable for all that I got. One of my friends simply got a cheese pizza for $15.00, so you could eat there for less if you are careful.
I will be going back again! We all thought it would be a nice place to go just for drinks and appetizers, as a start to a longer evening, or just for a pleasant meal.

Spokane, Washington
“Casual yet fancy...”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

This little place is quite a find. Set off the street, it doesn't look like much, but inside, oh my! Service, food and atmosphere are fantastic! I especially enjoyed the pasta of the day, which was served with blackened salmon pieces....yummy! The waitstaff was as if they had known us forever, and we weren't rushed when we sat after lunch for another hour! Great establishment!

calistoga
“Marvelous dining experience in Spokane”
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We recently made reservations at Luna for a family birthday party. As we were traveling from out of state, we called in advance to make special arrangements for a birthday cake. Beth, the dining room manager, was most accommodating and made a over the top effort to make sure that we received the cake of our dreams. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and made comfortable. The food was as good of a meal as any top flight restaurant that we have previously dined in, fresh, clean and beautifully presented. The chef even stopped by to greet us. We could not have had a better family birthday party anywhere. Cudos to Luna!

Coeur d'Alene, ID
“The way restaurant food is suppose to taste!”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

How many times do you go to a chain restaurant and think one of these two things: 1) Everything is starting to taste the same or 2) I could have made something better at home?

Well guess what? You CAN'T make something better at home when talking about Luna. The fresh ingredients compliment each other perfectly. I'd suggest going to the brunch before 2pm or get the salmon hash for breakfast! It's amazing.

One misnomer about this place is that only the "sophisticated and well off" go to Luna. Trust me, it does not have a "rich, snobby" feel and it really is not that expensive.