“Just Like Home”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Spokane, Washington
“Just Like Home”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Small downtown lunch spot. I would say the chicken is just like my grandmother from South Carolina made, but I think Cicken-N-More is even better. They also have catfish, collard greens, etc. The chicken is by far my favorite.

San Francisco, California
“Focus on the chicken”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The restaurant is a little sliver with a few booths and a couple additional tables. The staff is genuinely friendly and not the least bit pushy.
Fried chicken itself was very crispy, seasoned but not too salty. Definitely deserving of the positive reviews. The sides (I had chili and mash potatoes) aren't anything special. If I were a regular, I'd just pick up the chicken.

• Visited August 2012
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Sean in Spokane”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is the best place for fried chicken in Spokane. Absolulely delicious! This is the place to eat.

• Visited August 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Love this place!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

These guys are great. This is the perfect example of a fantastic hole-in-the-wall joint in downtown Spokane. The food is great, they have tons of their own sauces. Very down-home cooking. Love this place!

Visited February 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very good! Love the BBQ sauce!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I visited the Chicken-N-More restaurant two times in the early part of 2012. Both times we left very pleased and plan to return. The first time we both ordered the pulled pork sandwiches and they were absolutely delicious. My sandwich was perfect but my husband's sandwich got a "bad" batch of pork because his was a little on the fatty side. He could have complained but chose not to and it did not ruin our experience. So, if you go here and get fatty meat, don't just assume it will all be like that. The second time we went, we both shared a large order of chicken. No wonder they are famous for their chicken! Mmm Mmm!
The service was very fast and the seating style is very laid back (several booths). The restaurant itself is very small/quaint. I love that this is a local restaurant and not part of a chain. Their BBQ sauce is very unique. You simply cannot eat here without trying it. It is to die for. You can buy a bottle to take home with you too. We have bought several bottles and they come in different grades of spiciness depending on what you like.
It's a little spendy for chicken but months after visiting I still have not forgotten about this place and I still have cravings for the food served here. That's got to be a good thing, right?
Try it, I doubt that you will find it anything less than amazing.

Visited February 2012