“The Real Deal in Diners”
Review of Satellite Diner

Satellite Diner
Ranked #19 of 882 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Spokane, WA
“The Real Deal in Diners”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

It is a real, honest to goodness diner.

From very early morning to very late, late night, the Satellite serves very good diner food. The late night crowd (2 am) can get interesting. Long-time staff help make this place easy to like.

The Satellite is what it is, a throwback to the days when you could get a decent meal at a decent price in a not fancy setting. Counter, some booths, some tables.

The food is very good, they know what they are doing. The breakfasts are good. their home made soups are worth a try.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank FrequentTraveller56

Cincinnati
“I'd eat here morning, noon and night!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

On a visit to Spokane, we tried the Satellite for breakfast one morning because it was close to our hotel. There are essentially two sides to this place-- the diner and the bar. We hit the diner side that morning. This place is exactly what I like in a breakfast place: casual, great coffee, excellent food and fabulous service. I ordered the Satellite Scramble. It was sublime-- ham, smoked sausage, eggs, cheese and expertly cooked hash browns. Really tasty stuff and plenty of it. We returned to the bar side for dinner the next evening. They have a great array of burgers. I got The Steamer, which is pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, chipotle mayo and all the other burger fixings. I got mine with the krinkle fries. I was not disappointed. I suspect you'd describe the Satellite as a dive, but it was consistently good. When on vacation, if I eat at the same place twice, that pretty much means I love it!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bookstax
Washington
“Satellite Shines”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

What can I say? I love Satellite! The food is awesome, the staff and owners are amazing. The cooks make me more than happy every time I go in. Over the last ten years, even with the staff changes, there are employees that are still there which says a lot. Despite the rumored problems downtown, I, as a single female, can go there any time day or night and I feel safe. This is an oasis downtown of excellent, freshly prepared food, all prepared while you watch the cook. Great place!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Memphis R
“Missin you”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have not been into the Satellite Diner in over 4 months now, only due to the fact that I moved away. I miss my home bar and all the people who have been my extended family for the last 8 years. I can't wait to see you all again in may when I return to Spokane for my Daughters wedding.
I can't wait!! See you soon, Satellite!!

• Visited February 2013
spokane, washington
“Great for late night/early morning food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Four of us definitely needed to eat after a long night of holiday festivities and found ourselves at the Satellite Diner around 1:30 am. If you are not fussy about the company you keep at a diner, then the food is worth the visit. I had some of the best eggs benedict in Spokane. I'd like to think the food would taste as good in the middle of the day, hard to say...I did have a great burger here awhile ago. They also serve inexpensive drinks.

Visited January 2013

Been to Satellite Diner? Share your experiences!