“I'd eat here morning, noon and night!”

Satellite Diner & Lounge
Ranked #19 of 895 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed March 28, 2013

On a visit to Spokane, we tried the Satellite for breakfast one morning because it was close to our hotel. There are essentially two sides to this place-- the diner and the bar. We hit the diner side that morning. This place is exactly what I like in a breakfast place: casual, great coffee, excellent food and fabulous service. I ordered the Satellite Scramble. It was sublime-- ham, smoked sausage, eggs, cheese and expertly cooked hash browns. Really tasty stuff and plenty of it. We returned to the bar side for dinner the next evening. They have a great array of burgers. I got The Steamer, which is pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, chipotle mayo and all the other burger fixings. I got mine with the krinkle fries. I was not disappointed. I suspect you'd describe the Satellite as a dive, but it was consistently good. When on vacation, if I eat at the same place twice, that pretty much means I love it!

1  Thank Bookstax
There are newer reviews for Satellite Diner & Lounge

Reviewed March 6, 2013

What can I say? I love Satellite! The food is awesome, the staff and owners are amazing. The cooks make me more than happy every time I go in. Over the last ten years, even with the staff changes, there are employees that are still there which says a lot. Despite the rumored problems downtown, I, as a single female, can go there any time day or night and I feel safe. This is an oasis downtown of excellent, freshly prepared food, all prepared while you watch the cook. Great place!

1  Thank Memphis R
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have not been into the Satellite Diner in over 4 months now, only due to the fact that I moved away. I miss my home bar and all the people who have been my extended family for the last 8 years. I can't wait to see you all again in may when I return to Spokane for my Daughters wedding.
I can't wait!! See you soon, Satellite!!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Four of us definitely needed to eat after a long night of holiday festivities and found ourselves at the Satellite Diner around 1:30 am. If you are not fussy about the company you keep at a diner, then the food is worth the visit. I had some of the best eggs benedict in Spokane. I'd like to think the food would taste as good in the middle of the day, hard to say...I did have a great burger here awhile ago. They also serve inexpensive drinks.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

In the mornings the bar is closed and the diner offers the best food. All the foods are homemade; I plan on getting the french toast every time. The inside is very almost "divey" atmosphere but that definitely doesn't speak for the food, if anything it's one of the incredible local, whole-in-the-wall finds. The only reason I gave 4-stars is because of the atmosphere/interior.