“first time experience”

Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 884 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Divison
Description: Greeted with dark mahogany paneling and crisp linens Spencer's has the easygoing but elegant ambience of a private club with deep, comfortable booths lining the walls and soft lighting emanating from low-hung fixtures over the tables.
West Richland, Washington
“first time experience”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our first time here. Service was excellent. The steak Oscar was fantastic. My wife had the goat cheese caramelized onion ravioli which was also very good. The prices are not cheap, but the food is worth the price. The atmosphere is also very nice for a intimate dinner for two. We definitely would return here again. Portions are also substantial.

Visited September 2013
Carri D, Manager at Spencer's for Steaks and Chops, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are very happy that you came in. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Tacoma, Washington
“Great atmosphere, service and food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

In town for business, I joined colleagues for dinner at their hotel, the Doubletree. I went in with low expectations because I was expecting "hotel restaurant." I was blown away. The atmosphere inside Spencer's was not that of a typical hotel restaurant.. definitely a classic steakhouse vibe. Our servers were attentive and knowledgeable. They provided lots of off-menu suggestions, combinations and pairings that were much appreciated by everyone at our table. The food was wonderful as well. I really recommend the caprese salad. The heirloom tomatoes tasted like they could have been picked that very morning. I had an off-menu combination of 5oz (half portion) new york strip and 5oz halibut... an interesting take on surf and turf. Sides are a la carte. I liked the green beans.. the sauteed spinach was a tad overdone. My only complaint is that the wine by the glass selection could have featured a couple more selections from Washington wineries.

• Visited August 2013
Carri D, Manager at Spencer's for Steaks and Chops, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
We are very happy you came in. Thank you for taking the time for the review. We certainly hope to see you again.
Belt, Montana
“Exceptional Steakhouse”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Food and staff are exceptional. Just a bit pricey.
Happy hour menu in the bar is half price and a bargain!!

Visited July 2013
Carri D, Manager at Spencer's for Steaks and Chops, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for coming in. We look forward to your next visit.
Richland, Washington
“Well that was good!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here at 10pm, very accommodating... Wait staff was professional and seemed to enjoy their job.

It was worth trying ... Not expensive compared to other steak houses/ but still not cheep

It is a go back

• Visited July 2013
Carri D, Manager at Spencer's for Steaks and Chops, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We are glad you came in, no matter what the time. We certainly look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Didn't leave unsatisfied”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I ate in the bar, and that was a great experience. Service was great as was the atmosphere. They had a great happy hour selection, but I opted for a full blown dinner as I was hungry.

First, the cut was outstanding. I had the ribeye and I haven't seen a ribeye cut like this in ages. While most steakhouses are opting for less triming to lessen loss, Spencer's didn't do that. The cut of beef was awesome. However, it was a bit overdone and I didn't really think the marinade/seasoning on the steak was all that great. Overall, 7 or 8 out of 10.

I also had started with a salad. It was fine. Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about...it just didn't blow me away, but what can you expect for a $4 happy hour salad.

I also had a side of their signature hashed brown potatoes. For the $10 I paid...not sure that it was really worth it...oh, I forgot, I only paid $5 because they do half portions on the sides...which is a nice touch for those of us that travel alone or when you and your companion have different palates.

Overall, I'd definitely go back, so I would say give it a whirl...you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
Carri D, Manager at Spencer's for Steaks and Chops, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for coming in. We do take a great deal of pride in the quality of our beef. We would never season our steaks with anything other than a little bit of salt and pepper. We do expect you to get a steak that is cooked to perfection. I am sorry yours was not. Our bartenders do an amazing job taking care of our guests. We are so glad you were one of them. We appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback.