“Authentic”

Ranked #87 of 900 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Please be advised that the restaurant will be closed from Aug 7th through Aug 16th,2011 We will reopen Aug 17th.Thank You
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Gordy's is the only place I've found in Spokane that serves Sichuan that is similar to what you get in China. A visiting faculty member from Sichuan (he was uninjured during the earthquake that hit last week) told us that Ants Climbing the Trees was very authentic. I've eaten Sichuan in Shanghai that was very much like Gordy's dishes. Oh, and the food I ate in China generally came in complete pieces that you must "cut" with chop sticks (see review above). Gordy's is actually a bit over-chunked.

Reviewed February 8, 2008

The food here is amazing. My wife and I have been fans since it first opened. By far the best in the Spokane area.

Reviewed December 19, 2007

I have never had a first class Chinese meal at Gordy's. They do a nouveau America Chinese cuisine. If you're looking for authentic Chinese food - like you might find in an Asian neighborhood in a large city - you won't find it here. The dishes I ordered were cut too large to eat with chopsticks. They added ingredients never before seen on a Chinese menu - it's fine, if you're looking for that. But I was craving some delicious authentic Chinese food, and when I heard now good Gordy's was supposed to be, I came running. I was disappointed. After two meals there I won't be back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2007

Great food. Nice little place to relax. Food is a little spendy considering how easy it is to make. Worth going to more than once.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 4, 2007

It's humble and a little out of the way, but what food! If you're visiting from a big city on the Coast, this is probably the only Chinese restaurant in Spokane you'll love. Fresh, crisply sauteed veggies; great sauces. Mmm! Affordable, too.

2  Thank Porkerman