“Downriver Grill”

Downriver Grill
Ranked #38 of 887 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Local. Seasonal. Fresh. Located in the cherished Audubon neighborhood, we serve Modern American cuisine at it's best in Spokane, Washington.
“Downriver Grill”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stopped by here for a quick bite. Never been here before, but my wife had been here about seven years ago. We beat the dinner rush, had no reservations and were seated right away. Friendly and efficient wait staff. Started off with a sausage and black bean soup that was awesome. It was in a cream base, had some corn and other veggies. Wish I had more than just a cup. I had the flat iron steak that was cooked just the way I like it and my wife had a linguini dish and added chicken. Good portions, nice atmosphere, a little spendy, but worth it. Looking to come here again, next time we're on this side of town.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank wrldtrvlr87

“We enjoyed our meals”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We came in on Sunday at around 5pm and there was no one else there . It's a nicely done modern bistro feel. The drinks were good and the service was friendly and casual. The calamari appetizer was flavored well, but way too chewy. I got the Honey-Shallot Prawns with a great tasting risotto, hubby got the Osso Bucco and my son got the Flat Iron steak. All were tasty but would we come back for those again? No I don't think we would. Maybe ?

Visited January 2014
1 Thank momstephano
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've been here in the past and always remembered it to be good. This time around, however, I was seriously unimpressed with the menu, the service, the food production, and the bar offerings. I expected more out of this finer dining establishment and hope that they revamp a few things before I return.

• Visited December 2013
“Good not great”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Our office was treated out to lunch at Downriver Grill by our boss. The luncheon was to benefit Big Table. My steak salad was good. Yet, I can't say it was great. The service was good as well. So many really great restaurants have opened in the last few years, in the Spokane area, and there are better options. If you were to go to Downriver Grill, I'm sure that you would get a good meal. However, for the price, you could get a better meal elsewhere.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cheryl M
Whitefish, Montana
“Delishishly decadent”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The four if us had a great meal. Yes you need to try the Gorgonzola fries. They are rich and disgustingly wonderful. Plenty for four.
I had the hanger steak and it was delightful. The ossobuco was ample, tender and marvelous. The pork chop was not bone in as promised, but was nicely brined and flavorful. Chicken Marsala melts in your mouth and we all had to have a taste. Next time we are in Spokane we would come back.