“very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Downriver Grill
Ranked #34 of 878 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Local. Seasonal. Fresh. Located in the cherished Audubon neighborhood, we serve Modern American cuisine at it's best in Spokane, Washington.
washington state
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

enjoyed a great meal with fries for appetizer, cranberry lemon drop to drink, signature salad, pork chop, with the best potatoes ever, and tiramisu for dessert. all perfect. my only tiny complaint was that when she boxed my leftovers to go so only put in the pork chop and not the sides. I was looking forward to the leftover potatoes all morning and so disappointed when they were not in the box :( service othewise was spot on.
I hope we find a chance to make it back soon.

Visited December 2012

Spokane, Washington
“Excellent Yellow Fin Tuna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was near closing and busy, but they had no concerns seating us. I am not a fan of seafood, but venture to try new things. It was as good as it gets!

Visited December 2011
Newtown, Connecticut
“Money Well Spent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

While driving through Spokane, we wanted to have lunch at someplace locally owned and operated. The Downriver Grill was the perfect location. While it is a bit of a drive into a more residential neighborhood, the detour was worth it. We started with the coconut prawns and the steamed clams, both of which were so good we though about forgoing entrees for a repeat of appetizers. My husband and I practically fought over each and every last crumb of the pea and shallot salad that the prawns were served over. I had the asparagus salad with salmon while my husband ordered the grilled portabello mushroom sandwich. The waitress, after overhearing me beg my husband to get the shrimp bisque instead of a side salad with his entree, brought out a free cup of shrimp bisque for me when he decided on the salad. As for our entrees, my salmon was wild caught and perfectly cooked. His portabello sandwich was so good that I had food jealousy...this from someone who has never met a portabello mushroom she's liked. It is the little things, like the vanilla shrimp oil on the bisque or the smoke sea salt on the sandwich, that really deliver the flavor at Downriver Grill. Downriver Grill easily makes it into my top 10 of U.S. restaurants.

Sebring, Florida, United States
“GREAT NEW BURGER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I went to DRG for a lunch date and the food was amazing. She had the asparagus salad with chicken and the corn chowder and was very pleased. I had the DRG Burger and it was fantastic. The Gorgonzola cheese and bacon made my taste buds sing. The fries were also very good (would be very tempted to get the cheese fries as they were excellent just plain). Lemon tart for desert is also worth a try.

Service was good in the bar area. We never had empty drinks.

Atmosphere is clean and professional, but still a little casual.

Great experience.

Spokane, Washington
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Another of Spokane's awesome eatery's! This place right across the street from The Flying Goat (another good one). They've recently updated the outside and the inside is clean with a modern flare. We started with the Coconut Prawns, they were light and delicious. For our main course we tried the Seared Scallop and the Hand-cut DRG Signature 6oz Steak. Both were perfectly cooked and delicious. The scallops were served with and awesome pea and carrot risotto that was out of this world. The steak was served with wild mushroom port demi glace reduction. Attention to detail and a creative flare will definitely have us coming back for more!