“Over the Hill and far away....”

Mizuna Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mizuna Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 884 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. Main Ave.
Description: A Spokane landmark located in the heart of downtown, we feature a seasonal menu in an enchanting atmosphere. Enjoy organic meat, local produce and a separate entirely vegetarian menu prepared by skilled chefs, and a full bar specializing in fine wine and martinis. We also offer alleyway patio dining during summer months.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Over the Hill and far away....”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I can only use an Irish proverb for this wonderful restaurant, it is way above the rest of the mediocre joints in Spokane, that i won't even mention out of decency and trying to forget vomit-like food served there.... Mizuma is a standard in quality, execution, pricing and most important respect of their customers!!! An amazing social experiment, if i may say so, a complete vegetarian menu, extensive and wonderful wine list and IMPECCABLE food...I ate there completely by accident on my way to Yellowstone, and it was one of the highlight of my road trip... If you pass by Spokane, this is the definite eatery to go to, our server not being the most experienced, compensated with extreme attention and kindness...still in the right direction, i could only wish for mor "Mizumas' across the USA.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
“Surprisingly bad experience”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I recently hosted a work lunch for 12 people at Mizuna, which has been one of my very favorite restaurants in Spokane. I'm using past tense since I'm not sure if I will go back. I made our reservation a week in advance, the restaurant was not very busy yet our lunch took 90 minutes. After waiting 30 minutes for our food after ordering, I asked the waitress for an estimate of when we would get our lunch and she challenged my ability to tell time and never apologized. The food was good yet at least three people were sick after lunch to add to the bad experience. So, while I've had many good dinners here I would not recommend Mizuna for lunch.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Shannonmyers69
Washington
“Well done menu with lots of delicious choices for a range of food prefrences”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our meal at Mizuna. He made a reservation there for us because the "unpretentious service" appealed to him. The ambiance was good, our service was great, the food was delicious with lots of local and vegetarian options prepared in creative ways. We had a great bottle of wine recommended by our waitress that paired really well with our food, and then we followed it up with a flourless chocolate-crystallized ginger torte (bill totaled just over $100 for 2)! We went on a Saturday night at 5:30, and were really happy that we had made reservations! Also we made it just in time for our show, with not hurrying through dinner. It was a really good experience!

• Visited October 2013
Idaho
“Quiet Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was nice and quiet which was wonderful after walking around Spokane. Word of warning: if you order the burger specify level of doneness. If you don't then it is assumed that you like your hamburger medium rare. The waitress was wonderful and offered to send it back to the kitchen. They also only charged me half of the price of the burger.

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Great menu selections and variety of vegetarian options”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I enjoyed the vibe and food of this place. You are presented with two menus - one vegetarian and one non- vegetarian. I am not a vegetarian but ended up having a beet salad and mushroom/eggplant vegetarian meatball with pesto and pasta. Very fresh tasting. Service was a little slow but not too bad. Good glass of wine and great atmosphere. Would recommend.

• Visited October 2013