“$500 got us a great view, disappointing food and marginal service”
Review of Clinkerdagger

Clinkerdagger
Reserve with OpenTable
Clinkerdagger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 913 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed May 19, 2014

$500 for a party of 10, most of whom had no alcohol. For Spokane, that is at the high end of dining cost. And there are several high end restaurants that have surpassed Clinkerdaggers in terms of food quality and dining experience.

Let's start off with the good. Clinkerdagger's has a great view of the cascading Spokane River (assuming that you get seated by the windows). That is about all that I can saw positive about our recent dinner.

The cons
- very dated décor, furniture, plates, silverware (we were a party of 10 and the plates did not match, so had Clinkerdagger's in the plates, some were blank white plates) No table clothes, just 2 mismatched old wood tables pushed together, making seating and serving ackward.

- food was disappointing to say the least. Either it was bland with no flavor (my artic char had no taste to it except for a sweet sauce and the prime rib of other guests was non-descript) or the food was overseasoned (my potatoes had way too much spice to them and the horseradish brought tears to the eyes of one guest). My asparagus was past its prime. (Will acknowledge that the lobster bisques was good). Desserts were equally no big deal.

- service was spotty, bordering on pretentious and condescending. Our waiter continued to refer to us in serious tones as "My friend". He did little to make a family anniversary dinner seem special. With an 18% tip added automatically to our tab, he had little incentive to do much better.

Bottom line - 10 people left the dinner without any comment about how good the food was, how good the service was, and a general sense that it was a mistake for us to come to Clinkerdaggers.

The good news is that Spokane has a developing restaurant scene that gives several other options for quality dining.

1  Thank FrequentTraveller56

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Loved everything about the experience. Perfect location, unbeatable menu, and the service was outstanding.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great food and service...get reservations ahead of time! They cannot guarantee a river view, so request ahead of time if you can and I think the earlier or later you go for dinner/lunch the better the chances are. Their Martinis are exceptional and they pretty much get you in on the same time as your reservations, so take your time. There is a great bar to wait in as well if you are looking for a place to grab a drink before dinner. It is expensive, so beware of that.

1  Thank jarnzen
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Loved the fun atmosphere and the location. THe food was not as good as I'd expected at there had been rave reviews. I will try it one more time and hope that it is better.

DebiMoon, General Manager at Clinkerdagger, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Please contact me personally regarding your recent visit. 509 328 5965 or dmoon@r-u-i.com Sincerely, Debi Moon General Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The old brick and hardwood interior with historic touches in furnishings and artwork make for a fantastic warm dinner setting. What a fun family or romantic couples scene!
The service was superb, we were brought drinks while waiting for a table, which was only 15 minutes on a Friday night. The warm Brie appetizer was sublime! My husband had mushroom ravioli that was excellent and my halibut was flaky and seasoned. Our five year old enjoyed a Shirley temple and chicken strips followed by a Sunday.
Our server, Vince T was training Kelly and they were both courteous and very entertaining!

1  Thank KellyG860
DebiMoon, General Manager at Clinkerdagger, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Great to hear! I will post to be sure to recognize Vince and Kelly. We hope to see you in again soon. The Clinkerdagger Team

Been to Clinkerdagger? Share your experiences!