“Always excellent and great Thurday specials”
Review of Milford's Fish House - CLOSED

Milford's Fish House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Milfords is one of my favorite restaurants in Spokane. It is consistenly good with very attentive service. We have even had the chef come out to be sure our dishes were what we had hoped for. And they were! Good appetizers and entrees. The wine selection is marvelous. And one must try one of their very special desserts!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went here on a friends recommendation and was very pleasantly surprised. I wanted to try several things so ordered escargot, bowl of clams, and stuffed steelhead. I was stuffed at the escargot and clams and had to take the steelhead home for the next day. The escargot came out in this ceramic bowl made for the individual snails. Cooked in this delicious butter sauce and topped with lots of gooey cheese. It came to the table bubbling with toast point to sop up the butter and juices. The clams came out in a delicious broth that they served with toast points also to sop up that yummy broth. Just fabulous! I reheated the steelhead with the cream cheese whipped potatoes and it was just fantastic. You have to wait a while to get your order because it is made fresh and well worth the wait. I had a cocktail while I waited which was exceptional also. The service was fantastic. Very nice people and they were always there to refill water and take away the plates. Super service better than most.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We used to be frequent visitors to Spokane are always seemed to eat at Milford's. However, we haven't eaten there for 2-3 years and were eagerly anticipating our recent visit. Unfortunately. we were disappointed in the changes that have been made. The menu was more limited, the wine list stunted and most of all Milford's wonderful hot in-house made flatbread has been stopped and replaced with the usual generic junk.
The wait staff that we had come to know over the years have largely gone and replaced with others who are not an improvement. I know that changes must be made but those made here are not an improvement.

3  Thank DJ J
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Brought out of town guests here because it was highly recommended. It lived up to all recommendations. All of us had different dishes and everyone loved their meal.

1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The way everyone in town talks about this place, you would think you were dining at Jean Georges in NYC. I mean, the fish was cooked well, but having your signature dish be a cedar plank salmon with some average BBQ sauce drizzled on it? What's so special about that? The server was personable, but not as professional as you'd expect at place that touts itself as "the best fish in town" (she got the order right, but when she brought it from the kitchen, let's just say we all switched plates afterwards).

The atmosphere was rustic, Pacific Northwest and overall the staff was friendly. I am not saying don't go there, I am just saying temper your expectations.