“Fantastic Chinese Buffet”
Review of Canaan Buffet

Canaan Buffet
Ranked #167 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: The best buffet in Spokane, serving pan-Asian cuisine. Good food, exquisite facilities, private room available, family friendly.
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Came with the kids for an impromptu dinner and was rewarded. Food choice and quality was excellent, service was great and the staff was beyond friendly. It is also a fantastic value.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've eaten many times at all the Asian buffets in Spokane. Some good, some bad. After reading some positive online reviews about the Canaan buffet I was looking forward to having dinner there tonight (5/04/2013.) Upon arrival I was impressed with the interior layout. Lots of room, interesting decor and very clean. Unfortunately this is where the party ended. Yes there are lots of offerings but I couldn't find a single one that didn't have an odd, off-putting flavor. I also noticed the food was not nearly as hot as other buffets. Perhaps there is a connection. Perhaps some of the food was left over from lunch. Perhaps it's just poor food preparation. However all restaurants rise or fall based on the quality of their food. Unless tonight was a huge abberation this place is on life-support.

2  Thank steelhead2007
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I typically don't like buffets but this place is great. They are very reasonably priced. The selection was excellent-sushi to crab to made to order stirfry. My boys don't want to go anywhere else. It I. The pris run by a wonderful family. The price is slightly higher on fri-sun but still worth it!

2  Thank kcschueler
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is not the kind of place which will appeal to "food snobs".
It will appeal to real people who appreciate well prepared food sold at very reasonable prices.

I have eaten at all eight of the other Asian Buffets in the region. This restaurant is substantially better than any other restaurant of its kind in the area. Canaan is very popular with the local Asian community - they enjoy the authentic quality of the food served here.

They offer a good selection of not just Chinese items, but also Japanese and even Indian.
They have a nice selection of freshly prepared sushi, as well as a Japanese style grill where items are custom cooked for each individual diner.

I am very fond of this restaurant, due in large part to the attitude of the Staff.
They go out of their way to make ever guest feel very welcome. Large groups, parents with small children, even old codgers such as myself. After I had eaten here several trimes, the manager asked for my name. The next time I came in to eat, he welcomed me by Name.

This is perhaps the greatest food value in Spokane. Dinner for two with our non alcoholic drinks came to about $21.00.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We tried the new Canaan Buffet wanting to experience the different food groups from the various countries. It would have been nice to have them separated since I did not know which was which? The variety was nice, but the food could have been hotter (temperature wise). Price was reasonable.

1  Thank notpicky68