“Go There, Please”

Twigs Bistro & Martini bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Twigs Bistro & Martini bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 887 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 395
Spokane, Washington
“Go There, Please”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a NOT review of the Twigs on Farwell. It is for the newest Twigs located on North Nevada, in north Spokane. They are not in the phone book, yet, and oddly, they are not even on Twigs own website. What's wrong with you people (Management)? Let people know it is there!

My wife and I usually only have Saturdays free, so we went to Happy Hour (3-6 p.m., I believe). We always like to scope out places with Happy Hour, first, giving us a chance to sample the quality and prices while scanning the menu for a future visit. Why wouldn't we want our first visit to cost under $25 (including beers) instead of $50+ to find out we don't like (or do like) it?

By the way, at least in this area, Happy Hour on Saturday (or even Friday) afternoon is rare and is usually offered only to increase business in the short term. When is Management going to learn that making people happy and wanting to return is much more important to long term survivability and profit. I am a food adventurer but also a creature of habit, when treated the way I want to be treated, including lower-priced options. Repeat business and verbal recommendation are worth much gold.

Well, the decor is uber-nice, very upscale/contemporary, without going overboard. We tried 2 appetizers, "Cajun" Calimari and Buffalo Chicken Sliders. I could not really anything Cajun about the squid, and although I know it is an appetizer, they could have doubled the quantity of the squid. The plate was quite full of lettuce and julienned and lightly sauteed red bell peppers and (pretty powerful) red onions. The presentation was beautiful and the flavors were good (STRONG onions), but really, another handful of calimari would have been better.

The Buffalo Chicken Sliders (3) were just how they sound, "pulled chicken" in Buffalo sauce on 3 small buns, with a side of gorgonzola dipping sauce and a few wisps of shaved celery sticks (very thin, very few. Not bad, for one person.

We had their "Twigs Amber" beer, which is really brewed by No-Li Brewery (formerly, Northern Lights) in Spokane.

Decor, very nice, Food presentation, very nice. Food quality, good. Food taste, good. Prices, fair. Service needs a boost, however. I only saw one fellow trying to work tables spread out through 3 rooms. Now the place was not full, maybe not half full, but every step he had to take took away from attention, excellent service, expediting orders, and creating a "special" feeling for customers. I occasionally got a fleting glimpse of 2 other employees but don't know what they were doing. This one fellow was moving fast, from one side of the restaurant (patrons) to the other. With a little less travel time, he could also have been more observant. Empty beer glasses beg for refills = more revenue/profit.

I recommend you go there, while they are still open. (See "Management," above.)

• Visited September 2013

Kalispell, Montana
“Just traveling thru but will be back for sure”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Party of 6 on a Thursday night wasn't busy at all no wait. In fact when we arrived the place was empty but one guys at the bar By the time we left it was pretty busy. We where there quite awhile because the wait person forgot to place our meal order after serving our salads poor timing , but they made it up to us by treating us to dessert. Yummy little donuts with 3 styles of dipping sauces
But back to the ,main course... I had the black and blu burger medium perfect I will order the Osso Bucco next time made with pork shanks. Omg my friend shared a taste and it was so flavorful and tender others ordered salads with prawns and salmon also very tasty.

• Visited September 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Twigs - Worth a try”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We would recommend Twigs restaurant – the Crab mac and cheese was decadent. We had a pretty long wait, about double what the hostess predicted. The Osso Bucco was pvery average, I would not recommend. The cocktails were great, had great service from a waiter in training, shout ut for your first day on the job.

Visited September 2013
Ireland
“We liked it so much we went back twice”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great service, fabulous menu choice, great cocktails and a brilliant childrens menu. Very good value for money also

Visited July 2013
Fort Lauderdale
“awsome”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great food, and good service. If the weather is nice sit on the patio. Moderate prices and a creative menu, Taig's is becoming one of our favorites.

• Visited July 2013