“Great atomosphere --food just okay”
Review of Casper Fry

Casper Fry
Reserve with OpenTable
Casper Fry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 898 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New restaurant
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was a really cool looking place, but the food was only okay. We were told the house specialty was pulled pork, but that was just average. Also tried the fish tacos, and they lacked flavor. Service was pretty good, so I would give this place another try.

2  Thank MrsDrO2U

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Casper Fry is a welcomed change of pace to the standard beef and sea food found in so many restaurants. Southern dishes thoughtfully recreated (none deep fried) using leaner ingredients but still containing the warmth and familiarity of good old southern "comfort" food! My wife and I visited Casper Fry on August 29, 2013 after having heard about it word of mouth from neighbors. My wife loves traditional fried chicken and I'm a fan of shrimp and grits. We were not disappointed - the food was wonderful! We both highly recommend the restaurant and look forward to our next meal there which will be very soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Casper Fry is part of the major hipster food movement and gives other farm-to-table establishments a run for their money. A friend recommended the restaurant and my husband and I were not disappointed. We haven't been back to Spokane for a while and found a whole new trendy neighborhood lurking up here on the South Hill. The food is a bit slow to come out, but made with love. We ordered the wild Idaho trout (kind of a no, no for my country boy, fishing husband), and while my hubby loved it, he said it was still no match for his own. Men. Anyhow, we also ordered the fish pot and finished off the meal with the AMAZING berry bread pudding. This bread pudding was a close-second to the best bread pudding I've ever had (The Independent in Placerville, Calif.) Did I mention the waiters are straight out of an H&M advertisement? This place is H&M meets Portlandia (Can I see that chicken's profile?), but hey, their doing it right!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We love the neighborhood and thought we'd give the place a try. Being that we don't eat beef, chicken or pork, maybe not the best choice. However, the scallops looked good. I asked if the bacon could be left out of the green beans and was told no substitutions. It's not like they were all that busy, with plenty of open tables and the wait staff anything but rushing around. I don't think the customer is always right, because I spent a long time working in restaurants and bars, but places that won't make a minor substitution such as leave the bacon out of the green beans tell me two things. First, it would appear the sides are not cooked to order. Second, they don't really care about making me happy. Was it the waiter being lazy? Intimidated by the kitchen? Neither is good. The blackened salmon lacked character. It was hard to tell if there was any sort of spice rub on it at all. My wife did like her Veggie Grits dish. The bourbon pecan pie was okay, but it took way too long for our waiter to bring it. My wife enjoyed her drinks, the Bijou. I doubt we'll return.

1  Thank bleckb
Reviewed July 16, 2013

First time here, really loved the neighborhood. Hear lots of good things, we had a little problem with the seating at first but the manager (or bartender?) was very gracious and we were sat quickly. Pork belly appetizer was yummy and the mac & cheese was as great as I was told. I love seeing these little places spring up and bring flavors none of the bigger Applebee's style places have a clue about. Such a cool vibe, lots of wood and metal. They have a list of all the local vendors as well, know what you eat! Hope this place catches on and doesn't go anywhere soon.