“Wonderful”

Clover
Ranked #11 of 887 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Thoughtful food, fine cocktails, gracious hospitality. Clover transforms your dining experience. Genuine warmth and perfectly-executed creations unite to provide enlightened service. By employing the highest quality and freshest ingredients - supplied whenever possible by local farmers and purveyors in neighboring communities - we earn your trust, plate by plate. Our team will never stop trying to do things better.
Liberty Lake WA
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had dinner at Clover once before and were on the patio. This time we sat inside the charming old house. Unfortunately, we were seated near the entrance which allowed the 20 degree outside air to reach us every time the door opened. We both ordered the mushroom soup which is cleverly served in a tea pot. It was excellent. We also both ordered the Alaskan halibut which was the best we have had in recent memory. Desserts and breads are baked on site. The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Will definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nick Z

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Valentines Day Dinner for 4 ~2-14-14”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We wanted to like this place, since Spokane really does lack high quality restaurants and we had heard great reviews from friends. Street parking only, first of all! Old craftsman style house converted into a restaurant and this is the best part of the review. Nice job with the build out! When I made the reservation I requested to not be by the kitchen or the entrance for obvious reasons. We were placed by the front door, the kitchen and directly by the staircase that the guests and servers use to the upstairs dining. We sat for at least 10 minutes before our server approached our table. Finally arrived without a smile or any sort of enthusiasm. It became clear that he was a bar tender with a few tables on the main floor. We were told of a special valentine's drink when we were seated, yet the bartender did not know what it included, but told us he heard they were good! Whoops. He fumbled his way through any description he attempted to give on any dish. Horrible service. Not a single mention of the sheet of specials placed on our menu upon arrival either. Our table candle was not lit, we finally had to scavenge one from a nearby table. We sat waiting for a drink as he was too busy attending to the bar drinkers.
The food was sub par. Small portions, which ended up being okay as we weren't thrilled and could stand leaving some bites on our plates. The appetizers we had were the bruschetta, shrimp and polenta, and potato soup. The shrimp was lacking any flavor and the polenta was mushy and also very bland. The bruschetta was boring, hard and pesto thick and gritty. The balsamic glaze was more like a glue to the plate, don't bother trying to taste it, it wasn't coming off the plate without a fight.
The main course was so-so. Salmon in parchment was over cooked and maybe a 3oz portion. The accompaniments on the plates consisted of about 3 bites. The ravioli's also lacked any real flavor, boring. The chicken wrapped in bacon was okay, but overcooked, super dry with maybe 3-4 bites of mashed potatoes.
The drinks were on the very short side and weak. Thee special drink, ultimately sampled without a reasonable description, was also lame.
So, service was horrible from the first steps in the door, the food was nothing I would ever return for and the service ensures no second visit. Other than enjoying the build out I would highly suggest this place be skipped. Much much better restaurants in Spokane worthy of your time and money.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Maestro2413
Spokane, Washington
“Mixed success with menu items”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We recently visited this restaurant for lunch - had read previous positive reviews. The ambiance is nice, seating was prompt at a nice table upstairs. From that point - we had mixed results. Our waiter was not very attentive. We ordered hot tea, but the water delivered in mugs was only lukewarm. I asked the waiter about the sandwiches served on baguettes - I wanted to know if the bread was very large in proportion. The waiter said No, it was not and that the porcetta sandwich was really good and one of her favorites. She also recommended the tomato bisque soup. My dining companion ordered the cheddar/beer soup and a salad. So, the sandwich arrives - and sure enough it is on a big crusty baguette - with very little filling - overall, I would say not good - from a taste standpoint or appearance on the plate. The small cup of soup was good, however. The bowl of soup and the salad that my companion ordered were good also. The waiter never came over to ask if we were enjoying the meal. I especially was pretty surprised that someone would come and clear away a plate of basically uneaten food (mine) and not make any comment or ask about it.

For the prices charged - everything here should be very good. I was disappointed - mostly because I was expecting it to be great and it did not meet that expectation.

• Visited February 2014
“A must try!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have been telling people about this restaurant ever since my last visit in December and thought I should share my experience with everyone. This is such a unique and lovely place. The drinks are far above anything you've ever had anywhere else. The atmosphere is beautiful, comfortable and unpretentious while still classy. Somewhere you are proud to bring someone. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I listened to them explain some of the quality ingredients. They really seem to care about the restaurant...which is unique in itself these days! Then the food...the selection is suitable for all tastes. All 4 of us in our party were blown away at everything. From the chorizo bites to start us off to the salted caramel tartlet...still thinking about that! It was refreshing to experience for all of us! We're looking forward to coming again soon.

• Visited December 2013
Spokane, Washington
“The best food in Spokane.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My partner and I have been to some pretty upscale restaurants, and I must say this place tops them all. The ambiance is very warm and inviting. The food is phenomenal. We started off with an AMAZING bloody mary, with blue cheese stuffed olives, a pickled asparagus spear and a very tasty good sized piece of jerky. Delicious. We ordered the Crab, Artichoke dip and it was quite delightful. For dinner, my partner ordered the beef wellington which was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious. I ordered the bacon wrapped stuffed chicken and I must say my taste buds exploded as it hit my mouth. The carrots and the garlic potatoes that came with it were amazing as well. I didn't want it to end! For dessert we had the salted caramel and chocolate tartlet which didn't disappoint. Our waiter Cameron was very helpful and prompt, Thank You! My partner and I were quite impressed with this hidden gem. We will definitely be going back!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ThatsMe78

Been to Clover? Share your experiences!