“This Clover was a Four Leaf!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Clover

Clover
Ranked #11 of 880 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Thoughtful food, fine cocktails, gracious hospitality. Clover transforms your dining experience. Genuine warmth and perfectly-executed creations unite to provide enlightened service. By employing the highest quality and freshest ingredients - supplied whenever possible by local farmers and purveyors in neighboring communities - we earn your trust, plate by plate. We dry-age and cure our beef in-house, bake artisan breads and pastries in our kitchen daily using local wheat, and make everything we can from scratch. Our team will never stop trying to do things better.
Spokane, Washington
“This Clover was a Four Leaf!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was my third visit to Clover. Little know fact about Clover, but they are proud to tell you that everything is locally sourced, sustainable and fresh. They prepare EVERYTHING on sight, breads pastas and cut and age their meats as well. It was Thursday night and they were hosting two large parties and saying goodbye to a third when we walked in, (drat me for not making reservations but it was a Wednesday night!) So it was going to be a 45 minute wait..we looked at each other and said ok. We sat at the bar and ordered a bottle of wine Ca’Bolani Pinot Grigio 2009, we weren't sure what we were going to have, so this wine was safe to go with about everything, and it did. We ordered a starter - Shrimp and Polenta, back to that in a bit. About ten minutes later (with two large groups putting in orders?) we were presented with a Crab, Spinach and Artichoke appetizer. We told the server that we ordered the Shrimp, and she apologized offered it to us on the house and put in for out Shrimp and Polenta order again. It was a great recovery but it would not have been a that terrible, the miss prepped app was our second choice. Both were wonderful, the chorizo with the shrimp was a delightful palette teaser, and the crab spinach and artichoke dip was not your normal fare, very tasty. I might add that the second app was delivered only 10 minutes after the first. It was not quite as long of a wait as we were told when we were offered a table. So we moved upstairs with our wine. Brian came to our table and introduced himself as our server. Nice, attentive and knowledgeable about the wine and food selections. With two appetizers under our belts, my dinning partner and I were not ready for something heavy. We opted on splitting the Dungeness Crab and Mascarpone Ravioli, (what no split charge? How delightful!!!). The butter sauce was grand, and yes everything is still pairing nicely with the Pinot Grigio. I did ask to include a Pomegranate Salad, just cause I needed some greens. We were stuffed by the end, but we had to try some deserts. We had the baklava and the tiramisu, both were wonderful...the tiramisu was a selected as a challenge. My dinning partner did not like tiramisu before we started dinning together, at a previously visited restaurant I ordered it and she sampled and loved it. So it is going to be our custom to try the tiramisu everywhere we go. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 10! So what about the place itself - I would take a first date here or celebrate my 25th anniversary here. I would bring a business partner here, or I would come by myself. Wonderful selections of wines food is inventive and the service is incredible. Now wait for this one...they apologized for the long wait for our food to come up. Was it the company or was it really only twenty minutes...remember the two large and demanding groups. They done good by me.

• Visited November 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

The Halibut was PERFECT, the service was IDEAL, and the experience was memorable. Thank you to all the Clover staff, especially Brian, our server, who helped us have a wonderful night with a friend from out of town & Grandma. Here's to many more great nights!

1 Thank tdutim
Spokane, Washington
“We so wanted to love this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

First of all, I am a foodie and an internationally trained home chef. So, for me to even want to venture out of my own kitchen takes something special. I don't have much cash flow either, so wasting money is high on my not to do list. Yet, I am open-minded to possibilities and always try to be open and optimistic and yes....adventuresome. I have been anxiously awaiting the palette awakening of Spokane for some time now and must say that I have had some delicious food in this city recently....the duck breast at Wild Sage, the crab bisque at Scratch and the fish and chips at The Lantern just to name a few. Everyone I know who has been to Clover has given it rave reviews, and these are foodie friends I trust....people like me. So, I finally made arrangements to try it out. First, I loved the space, the work done to the house was top notch and even though it was already past patio season, I could vision how fun it must be to sit out there on warm nights enjoying craft cocktails and music. It felt homey and personal and although I could hear everyone's conversations, I wasn't the least bit bothered by it. I was comfortable in the space. So, 5 out of 5 for environs. We ordered Negroni.....delicious!!! Lightly sweeter than the ones I get in Italy, but that is what made it better....yes....better! 5 out of 5 on my drinks. We ordered an appetizer of fried artichokes. Not so great. Battering artichokes makes them heavy whereas breadcrumbs lighten them up. I am sure the artichokes themselves came from a can and only one out of 6 was meaty enough to find under the greasy flour. Not enough seasoning. The aioli they were served with was fine although it was sooo garlicky that it completely overpowered the underseasoned artichokes. 2 out of 5 on the appetizer. And for the main courses.....pork chop cooked perfectly, the corn salsa on the top...crisp sweet, the pablano cream sauce it sat upon... the perfect companion. The downside was the incredibly small portion size especially with no veggie or starch on the plate. Did I say that they don't even serve their hyped up housemade bread with dinner? Or maybe they just forgot. I really don't know. We didn’t get to try it. Usually I see either a single double cut chop or 2 smaller chops like this at other upscale Northwest restaurants. 3 out of 5 on the pork chop. My companion ordered the saltimbocca which literally means "jump in the mouth" which is what it is supposed to do because it is so good. Unfortunately, "jumping out of the mouth" all we could do when we tasted it. The portion size was the only positive thing to say about this dish. The saltimbocca was actually an involtini and was so overly dry and heavily herbed with thyme leaves that you could not actually taste the meat. It sat atop a bed of housemade pasta that was rolled twice as thick as it should have been and so undercooked that it could not be cut with a fork or the teeth. Seriously. There were suppose to be wild mushrooms in the mix, but we could not find them and the big chunks of red pepper were a complete incompatability. And the sauce....it was not a sauce at all. It had a texture of flavorless pasta water poured over the top, and if the meat itself had not already been overly herbaceous, there was even more thyme sprinkled on the pasta and in the sauce. Overall, this dish was inedible all the way around. I give it a 00 out of 5. Finally, we shared a mini tiramisu for dessert. I have to say that the texture was great but it missed on flavor as well. Our waiter was very professional and outside of the drinks and the atmosphere, he was the only worthwhile thing that arrived at our table. We were so disappointed because we had really wanted to love this place. We will probably go back for drinks but we won't waste our money again hoping for a better food experience. We are willing to pay the price for great food but we will not pay 1 thin dime for less than mediocrity wrapped up in a pretty package. Shame on Clover for relying on its drinks and atmosphere to draw in customers and shame on Spokane for thinking this is what good food is suppose to be.

• Visited November 2013
“Drinks are a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The liquid chefs (bartender) are masterful, delivering excellent service. The cocktail selection at Clover is hands down one of the best in Spokane. Although, I must say we had driven by several times before and passed over the restaurant because the location is a bit untraditional. We were quite impressed on our last visit. We will definitely be back for sure!

Visited October 2013
“unfilled request”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Last Sunday myself and two other adults had dinner at Clover. When we made the reservation we inquired about the availability of vegetables with the entrees and were assured that a variety and bountiful serving of vegetables were available. When we ordered we requested extra servings of them too, but our plates had only a scant amount of zuchini and a couple of thin cut carrot pieces. Other than that the dinner was fine. They made no concessions which bothered us.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Clover? Share your experiences!