“Very good tour with nice food variety and interesting facts about Spokane.”

Relish! Spokane Food and Wine Tours
Ranked #2 of 20 Food & Drink in Spokane
More attraction details
Owner description: Between tantalizing your taste buds with the delicious food and wine scene of Spokane, you will be engulfed by the quaint, historical vibe of the city. Our local guides will share with you their knowledge of historical buildings, raging rivers, amazing dams, hidden parks, and quiet corners of the city that will have you believing you are truly one of our very own spirited Spokanites (and maybe you are!). As you stroll the city, you will be satisfied with several savory tastings from local bakeries, bistros, and other local unique shops. The visits range from French delights to saucy bites that will provide enough of the local ethnic eateries to get you acquainted to the real Spokane, WA! And all of this is accompanied with fun facts about the town's culture, people, architecture and history. Our small group tours allow for a more intimate experience, leaving your appetite and hunger to learn about our small-big city satiated!
Kent
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very good tour with nice food variety and interesting facts about Spokane.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I enjoyed the Savor Spokane tour. There was good variety of food; soup, seafood, macaroons, pizza and peanut brittle. Lanie was very knowledgable about the city's history.

Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Food, History, Excercise and FUN!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

There were 7 women in our group which was the PERFECT size. We ate mini-doughnuts, gourmet pizza (gorgonzola, dates covered with balsamic vinegar), an "apple pie" caramel apple, peanut “brettle” (soft brittle), steelhead salmon hors de oeuvre, drank some hard apple cider, ate a thick tomato basil soup with beer bread. Along the way we were fortunate to be able to chat with the official clock tower caretaker who had several amazing stories. Our tour guide, Kim was knowledgeable and extremely friendly. After we signed the requisite release forms, she gave us all bottle water and reminded us to stay hydrated. Good plan as it was extremely hot in Spokane for those of us from more temperate regions… She provided facts about Spokane’s history and attractions in Riverfront Park and downtown area as well as some really interesting “stories”. There was a good balance between walking and stopping to eat a “bite” of food. There were not any children on our tour and I will admit that I do not think this is an appropriate experience for young children. The food was exquisite and everything was tastefully prepared for a more mature palate and the small portions were just enough to give us a taste of the cuisine. None of the stops provided enough food to call it a “meal” but over the two-hour tour all of these small bites and walking about a mile and a half left us feeling completely satisfied. We all agreed this was a great way to “Savor Spokane!”

1 Thank rindyrooroo
“Better off researching a restaurant and having a full meal there.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was expecting more interesting information on the history of Spokane or more stories. I hardly know anything about Spokane and most of what our guide shared I have heard. The bites were just that, tiny bites with the exception of the highlight of the trip, Fire...nicely done fire baked pizza and the most friendly and attentative staff. Much of the tour was desserts....I was looking forward to more places where I would discover new haunts for meals. The "tour" was shorter than 2 hours and I could have pretty much given it to myself by walking around and poking my head in the shops. I have done the Seattle underground tour and it was much less expensive and way more entertaining even without food. Sorry so bleak of a review but I consider myself to be a very easily entertained individual but the value just wasn't there for me.

Spokane, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went on a tour with Kim in late July and had such a great time. We had only been to two of the places on the tour before, and thoroughly enjoyed finding all these new restaurants. We've been raving to our friends and coworkers about the tour ever since. Kim was great in sharing her knowledge and personalizing the tour for us.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Laura K
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good mix of walking, listening to some interesting history, and variety of good foods to sample.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I liked that we had our own ear buds and devices for easy listening from our tour guide. I loved all the restaurant stops and by the time we were done, we were all quite full. Everyone at the restaurants were so nice and I can't wait to go back to a few I've never had the chance to try before. Although a Spokane native, I learned a lot of good information on the tour and saw parts of the park I hadn't seen before. Kim was our tour guide and she was great!

Visited July 2013