“Very enjoyable!”

Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture
Ranked #20 of 103 things to do in Spokane
More attraction details
Owner description: The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture (MAC) is the largest cultural organization in the Inland Northwest with five underground galleries, an orientation gallery, cafe, store, education center, community room and the Center for Plateau Cultural Studies. The museum campus also includes the historic 1898 Campbell House, a library & archives, an auditorium and outdoor amphitheater. The exhibits and programs focus on three major disciplines: American Indian and other cultures, regional history and visual art. The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture is an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, and is accredited by the American Association of Museums. Hours are Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays are half-price admission days. On Wednesdays, the museum is open until 8:00 p.m. Closed Mondays and major holidays.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I came here with my mom a few months ago. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to look at all of the exhibits and take the tour of the Campbell home.

I love that you can take a tour of the Campbell home it was really neat to see such an old home in such beautiful condition.

1  Thank Aundrayac

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was on my way out of Spokane en route to Wenatchee but thought I'd pass by this museum before leaving town. I'm very pleased I made the detour. The museum itself is in a lovely building, and the exhibits were fascinating and very well presented. It's probably a good idea to call ahead to ensure that the current installation is to your taste. There were lots of schoolchildren running around the galleries when I visited on a Thursday morning: Not a problem for me, but probably easily avoided with a weekend visit.

There's quite a nice museum shop too. The parking was plentiful. If I had had the time, I would have walked around the lovely residential neighborhood in which the museum is located.

3  Thank pds209
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Special exhibits. History of region when mining fortunes were made. Tour the victorian Campbell House built by Kirtland K. Cutter. A "do not miss" when in Spokane

1  Thank Cchisana
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This museum has featured exhibits during the year so the subject varies but it is never disappointing. The Da Vinci and Star Wars exhibits were really wonderful. They also have the Campbell house which is a restored home from the late 1800's.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went here to check out the mid-century architecture exhibit and ended up having a delightful afternoon enjoying all this place has to offer. We were given the option to take a free tour of the Campbell house next door which was a comprehensive and fascinating step back in time of early Spokane and the people who built the various mansions in this neighborhood. Our guide was friendly and engaging. I've seen a lot of history re-enactments and staged houses but this one was amazing. We also saw the Native American exhibits and various art works. We took a nice coffee break at the MAC cafe where Lisa makes the most yummy cookies and coffee drinks. Try the kouran cookies, a melt in your mouth almond butter cookie with powdered sugar. Too bad we had already had lunch because their lunch offerings looked really good.