“If you're looking for a clean 'cheap' place to stay...”
Review of Apple Tree Inn

Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Calgary, AB
“If you're looking for a clean 'cheap' place to stay...”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend (21 & 24) for $140 for 2 nights. This is definitely a two star inn, however, it is very clean! I did not find anything questionable anywhere, and I was looking.
I did not try out the pool, I did have the continental breakfast and it was exceptionally basic. Mostly bagels/toast, cereal, costco muffins, apples and bananas.
I think the stay you experience is based on which building you stay in, as they have many. We had a room with a single Queen (double?) bed, and the room as tiny, only large enough to accommodate a bed and a little bathroom. The beds were comfortable, not hard and not too soft. The buildings were also VERY noisy. You couldn't really hear your neighbours, but you can hear people in the hallways clearly. We didn't have issues at night but were woken up bright and early in the morning to constant noise.
The location is ok dependent on what you want to do. We went for shopping and there was tons of food, shopping, and a walmart supercentre within walking distance, but spokane valley is very far away.
All in all, I wouldn't stay here again based on the noise, and I have stayed at nicer places for slightly more than $70 a night. I have also stayed at the travellodge in downtown Spokane for $80 a night and it was excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Idaho
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed at the Apple Tree Inn from June 27-July 3 2010 for the Iron Wood throwing camp at a local college. This hotel was at an excellent location for us. My family and I stayed in the 2-room suit, and it was very spacious (except the bathroom was on the small side). The rooms were clean and the kitchen unit was nice. The service at the hotel was EXCELLENT!! Everyone was really nice, including the maids and the people at the front desk. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast. They served bagles, english muffins, fruit, muffins, cereal, coffee, orange juice, milk, and toast. It was very good.
I only have a couple complaints. The wifi was very unpredictable. It would be working one minute, and the next it wasn't. I had to call down to the front desk so they could reset the router. It was kind of a pain. Also, our hotel keys would randomly stop working. The person at the front desk said to keep them away from cell phones or credit cards. So we did, but they still randomly stopped working and we had to go to the front desk to get them fixed.
Overall, this hotel was very nice and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Nevada
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Our family stayed at the Apple Tree In to attend graduation exercises for Gonzaga University in May 2010. We chose this hotel because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel was adequate, but I feel compelled to offer a safety warning to those who choose to stay here. Shortly after arriving, my father tripped on the threshold of his ground level room and crashed to the floor. As a result, he tore the skin from his hand and could not raise either of his arms above his shoulders.

We brought this safety issue to the attention of the staff on duty and my father followed it up with a letter to the manager, but he heard no reply. Not only was the threshold raised several inches from the ground, but it also had a lip on it which made it easy to catch your foot. Even my brother caught his foot on the threshold, but he was able to catch his balance. We noticed some of the other thresholds had a similar elevation. We advised the staff to deal with this safety hazard by marking the threshold so that one can notice that it is elevated as well as put a sign on the door that says “Please watch your step” so occupants are made aware of the danger.

After my dad returned home, an MRI revealed that he tore the rotator cuff in BOTH shoulders so now he has to have surgery on each of his shoulders. Not only did this accident put a huge damper on our family gathering (he couldn’t attend the graduation), but now he is facing surgery so I offer this warning in hopes that others will be warned of this potential safety issue.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mrs-mjt
AppleTreeInnMotel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
We sincerely apologize that you had an accident during your stay with us. After you informed the front desk clerk and provided a guest comment sheet, the owner and maintenance were notified, and action was immediately taken. We acknowledge that a few of our ground level rooms do have a threshold that's raised several inches with a "lip" on it. For these rooms, we placed custom cut wood in between the ground and the lip to fix the problem.

Again we apologize that you had an accident during your stay and appreciate your constructive criticism as it allows us to improve any safety hazards. We've never had any accidents such as this in the past, and hopefully this will be our last. The Apple Tree Inn staff sincerely hopes your father has a quick recovery. If you decide to stay with us again, please let us know of any concerns you may have and we will do everything we can to help you.

Apple Tree Inn
Management
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Location was very close to our daughter's apartment. There was a Rosaures Supermarket across the street that stocks organic groceries. Several shopping centers and restaurants are located within 1/2 mile of the hotel. It is also near the intersection of at least two highways. Complimentary continental breakfast was pretty good. The wireless or ethernet internet were available. However, bandwidth was flaky at times.
Overall a pretty good stay. We have used this hotel at least once per year between 2003 ad 2008.

Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Fruitvale B.C.
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We have stayed at the Appletree Inn on two occasions, each time the staff has been excellent and very courteous. In February we had a mini suite very large room, tv is far too small for the size of room and the bed was adequate, I would suggest getting king size beds and also provide coffee makers in the rooms. The noise from upstairs was annoying and children should be placed on the lower level, we were kept up really late due to the noise. Location is great for shopping and restaurants are nearby. Canadian money at par was a plus!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beaver8
College Place, Wa
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I've stayed here during "Hoopfest" weekend during the final weekend of June and the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, plus the hotel staff was friendly and professional, I also liked the fact that alot of restaurants/shopping are within walking distance from the hotel, the only downside is the room I've stayed at didn't have a refrigerator but it didn't stop me from having a good time, overall the Appletree Inn was a great value and while the hotel is located about six miles north of the freeway at least the hotel was located in a good safe neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Darian80
WA
Reviewed November 3, 2009

This was at a perfect location and there was shopping right across the street. I would tell EVERYONE to stay here. I would do it again over any other hotel in spokane,wa.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple