“I would definitely stay here again!”
Review of Apple Tree Inn

Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Las Vegas, Nevada
“I would definitely stay here again!”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We decided to stay at the apple tree inn because it was the only hotel that would let all 6 of us stay in one room for a reasonable price. The room was plenty big enough...with 2 bedrooms. It had a full kitchen with appliances directly out of the 70's which we found kind of charming. The pool was small but adequate for our needs. The beds were kind of hard which my husband loved. The room was very clean and well maintained. They offered a decent continental breakfast too. If you are looking for the Hilton this is not your hotel but if you are looking for a reasonably nice room that allows large families without breaking the bank than I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank DBonna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Firestone
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I was traveling through with my kids and stayed one night here. I felt safe enough having been put with the other families in what seems like the family building. Although I was a little put out by what looked like a long-term "resident" interracting with a questionable vehicle that quickly drove off - the stay was decent for the price and the room was a very good size with the kitchenette. However, since I was traveling through, I thought the hotel was way too far off the interstate and had been led to think otherwise over the phone.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Manhattan
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I recently spent a month in Spokane, and the Apple Tree gave me a great rate for a stay of that duration. I spent two weeks in a single room, then my wife came to town and we stayed in a one bedroom suite, and then I spent the rest of the time in another single.

The first single room was a quiet, clean, inexpensive motel room, nothing less, nothing more. I didn't want or need it to be anything less or more. Any problems I had to go to management with were addressed...but there weren't really any, or at least they were minor, to the point that I can't even really recall. Let's just say they were courteous and professional. The one bedroom suite I moved to when my wife got to town was actually much better, especially for the money. The room I moved to after she left was in a building I didn't like quite as much as the other two, and I could see someone perhaps offering a gripe, as it just didn't seem to be quite as nice...but the overall experience was such that a gripe would seem petty.

And unnecessary. This is an inexpensive yet very serviceable facility, not the Ritz; no facility is for everyone. It may be that under certain circumstances a little flexibility might be a good idea going in, but it's inexpensive, not cheap, and neither should it be considered in any context one might assign to the idea of a 'cheap motel.' If you're willing to spend more for more luxurious accommodations, perhaps closer to downtown? Great. That doesn't diminish what this is, which is a very good place for not a lot of money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Don'tGetOutMuch
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I do not understand the other postive reviews for this hotel! My bed was hard as a rock, the air conditioner was so noisy I had to turn it off, one lamp switch was worn out. In fact this whole motel appears badly in need of an update. Friendly people yes. Cleanliness yes. But otherwise this place is getting pretty dumpy. Come here if you must but I recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
AppleTreeInnMotel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2009
We are sorry to hear your stay was not an enjoyable experience. Every year, we get new mattresses for each of our rooms. Almost all of our air conditioners are relatively quiet and the few that were not have since been replaced with new ones. If you were unsatisfied with the room, please let us know and we would have been more than willing to move you to another room.

We apologize that we could not make your stay an enjoyable one. If you decide to stay with us again, please let us know of any problems you may have and we will do everything possible to help you.

Management

Travelers are raving about these Spokane hotels

Libby, Montana
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Don't pass this up when visiting Spokane, Washington. The rates are more than reasonable, staff is exemplary and rooms will make you feel at home.My wife and I stay here 10-15 times a year.
Bill Lafrance
U.S. Marine Corps (Ret.)
Libby, Montana 59923

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
BC
Reviewed February 7, 2009

The mini-suite was nice, well furnished, clean, small (double bed). There was a microwave, a sink, and a fridge in the room. The staff was super nice. There was a continental breakfast which provided a variety of food and drink choices. The inn is spread out over a few buildings, and the room entrances are all inside. Despite facing the main street (North Division), our room was quiet at night.

I would absolutely stay there again, it's a GREAT value.

• Liked — Cleanliness, Price
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DandGW
Chicago
Reviewed October 1, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Apple Tree Inn as the first stop on our road trip from Seattle to Chicago. We saw that the Apple Tree Inn was one of the higher rated motels on TripAdvisor in Spokane, so we thought it would be pretty decent.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as nice as we had expected. The room was very small, quite old and hadn't been renovated in a long time. It was clean, but it had a sort of moldy, mildew-like smell to it. There wasn't much in the way of toiletries -- not enough soap or shampoo, and nothing more.

Also, while they did have both wireless and wired internet, there was no ethernet cable supplied, and our room was located such that I could just barely get a wireless connection and my wife's laptop, with a weaker antenna, couldn't get one at all. And both the wired and wireless connections were slower than dial-up -- almost unusable.

To be fair, the price was low, and it was sufficient as a fairly comfortable place to sleep. But my gut tells me that it wouldn't be too hard to find a nicer and comparably priced place to stay in Spokane.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Quality of room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pmaxx
AppleTreeInnMotel, Manager at Apple Tree Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2008
We strive to keep our hotel as clean as possible. We have 4 buildings which 2 of them are older looking than the other 2 but we do still keep all 4 spotless. If there are any problems with the cleanliness or smell of the room (which hopefully is never) please do not hesitate to notify the front desk immediately so that we can correct the situation by even moving you to a better room.

The internet connection was really slow last year which is why we added another modem, doubling our connection speed and also installed ethernet outlets in 20 more rooms so that 3 buildings have both the wired and wireless connections. The 4th building currently only has wireless connection. We do have ethernet wires available for checkout at the front desk at no cost to you. If the internet connection seems to slow, please let us know because it usually just takes a quick reset of the modem / router to get it back to par.

If the toiletries are not enough, please let either housekeeping or the front desk know. We do provide extras at no cost.

We apologize that we could not make your stay an enjoyable one. If you do decide to stay with us again, please let us know of any requests or problems you may have and we will do everything in our power to help you.

Management