“Nice staff, good airport location with free shuttle.”

Super 8 Spokane/West
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Stayed here for a second time, night before flying out from Spokane Intl Airport. First time they let me park for free, but this time they charged $15 per week. Still not too bad, considering they have a free shuttle service to and from the airport. Room was basic, but clean and quiet. Light breakfast in the morning is included. Pool looked really nice but we didn't have time.
The hotel is just off the Interstate. It is quite a way from downtown, and there isn't much else around. For the airport, or passing through on the Interstate, the location is good. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 14, 2010

The best waffles on Earth can be had at Super 8 hotels. I recommend paying the little extra for the suite, especially if traveling with kids. The extra room and couch to sit on while watching TV was well worth it!

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We pulled into Spokane on a cross country trip hauling our kids, dog, and many items for our cross country move. This Super 8 was much better than the one we stayed at a few nights previously in Minnesota, so it got our faith back in Super 8. However, it wasn't nearly as nice as the Travelodge or Days Inn we had stayed in the previous two nights, so I guess our expectations got raised a bit from them.

The room we got was nice but we had to go up some steps, which wasn't convenient for us bringing in our things. The furnishings were old and the carpet had some stains on it - yes, it was cleaned, but this place needs some refurbishment. The room walls were thin and there was a guest in a neighboring room who was talking very loud in a foreign accent on the phone beginning very early (5 am) in the morning, so it was hard for us to sleep after listening to him. The kids did enjoy the hot waffles at breakfast and they do accept pets, so we were happy about this. My wife, with her usual picky examinations of the rooms, said it best: "this will do", and that sums up my review - this hotel will do for a night, but I know there is better out there.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Not great either. But quite, near the freeway. A bit tricky to find due to poor signage

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Right off the freeway but a bit out of Spokane to the west. We were fine by that as we were just traveling through. Called that day to reserve and the reception desk person was very nice and helpful. The motel is one we would maybe stay at again. Our one complaint was that there was a stain on the rug right in front of the sink. It was brown in color so reminded me of dried blood. If we hadn't checked in so late I think I would have asked for a different room. I just covered it up with a towel though. There is no way the person that serviced the room could have missed this and it should have been addressed before renting it out. The room was nice and large. I would like to recommend a wall lamp above the right side of the bed. There is only one reading lamp for this bed. The rest of our stay was fine -- the breakfast area was clean and well stocked and we enjoyed the hot waffles.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2009

Have stayed at this hotel lots of times. Glad to see that the hotel is under new management and has gone the hole mile to make this a new and improved hotel.
Pool was warm and clean,towl in the pool room was nice.Did not have to use the ones out of the room. INCREDIBLE staff.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2008

What else can I say? This is a really great place to stay. The staff is professional and the rooms are clean. The pool was closed in the morning, but reopened quickly after routine maintenance was performed. The breakfast was continental and just right for my family....AND IT WAS FREE! The bed was comfortable. The lighting is a little low and the drapes seem a little weathered, but this is minor. The third floor hallway does smell of cigarette smoke, but the Front Desk said Management was considering making the property completely 'smoke-free'. I think this would be a good thing.

In summation, I liked this place. I liked the staff. The Manager was an amiable and reasonable fellow. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)