New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Super 8 Spokane/West

Super 8 Spokane/West
Ranked #27 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Longview, Washington
“Pretty generic big box hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Well, what can I say about this generic Super 8. It's a generic big box hotel alongside I-90 in the middle of nowhere between Spokane and Cheney. There's a few businesses popping up around it, mainly industrial. I was only stuck here because it was March Madness time and everything in Spokane and Cheney was booked up.

First, the downside:

• Their website claims the TV's in the rooms are flat screens, but that's a lie. My room had a late 90's-early 2000's vintage tube TV.
• They also claim there's refrigerators in the rooms. Not in my room.
• The wireless internet was sluggish at best.

Now, the redeeming points:
• Heater in the room got plenty warm at night, which was nice since the outside was cold.
• Plenty of parking.
• Very polite staff.

Overall, it more or less served it's purpose as a place to sleep and shower, but the amenities need some help. If I have to come back out here again, I'll be sure to avoid March Madness so I can get a room elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Denver, B.c.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Access from the truck stop is not very clearly marked.
Very pleasant and helpful clerks behind the counter.
Shuttle to the airport and back worked well.
Appreciated being able to park my car at the hotel while away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago for a funeral as the location was ideal. Most of the family was from out of town so we all stayed here! Have to say we were very pleasantly surprised! Obviously not a 5 star by any means but was very clean and functional and the breakfast in the morning was more than adequate! So we all decided to stay again when we had another funeral to attend, again due to the fact that the hotel was very convenient location to families house, funeral home and cemetery! This hotel in 2 years has gone so downhill it is a shame! The rooms all stunk, the breakfast is very minimal that even my 9 year old who usually loves them no matter what only had a hot chocolate. In the 2 nights that we were there only 1 of the 4 rooms we had were cleaned! I don't expect someone to come in and "clean" the entire room however ensuring you have enough towels and taking out the garbage is something I do expect and was not done! The garbage in our "suite" was horrendous when we left! I would absolutely not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are so dead tired you can't possibly go any further, but even then right across the highway is so many more choices! Our last night we actually checked out and went and stayed somewhere else! I have waited to post this as I tried several times to contact the hotel with no response! I'm not sure if ownership/management has changed in the past few years but it's pretty sad how downhill this place when so quickly! We don't typically stay at this kind of motel but when we do super 8 is generally a name that we trust to be clean, basic and functional for our needs! However this location will not ever be visited again!

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank kij80

Travelers are raving about these Spokane hotels

Travelers also viewed these Spokane hotels
Apple Tree Inn
Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue
Tiki Lodge Spokane
Tiki Lodge Spokane
#35 of 46 in Spokane

Been to Super 8 Spokane/West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Spokane/West

Property: Super 8 Spokane/West
Address: 11102 W Westbow Blvd, Spokane, WA 99224-9475
Location: United States > Washington > Spokane
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #27 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Spokane/West 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Super 8 Spokane/West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel - Spokane/West Hotel Spokane