“fine”

Super 8 Spokane/West
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed September 19, 2012

stayed here for a few hours (about 4) before flying out on an early flight. park and fly is why we chose this and to only sleep for a few hours not worth a more expensive hotel. they put out breakfast early for us 430am and since we were the only ones on shuttle they waited until we were done eating to leave instead of right on schedule at 430. we got back to the airport at midnight and no shuttle that late (we were informed of this up front) so got a taxi for $17 back to hotel. if I had a similar circumstance again and needed a few hours sleep before going to the airport would chose this hotel. (about 1/2 the cost of the couple hotels right at the airport.) the staff were not all dressed in professional attire but were all polite.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
supersales8, Director of Sales at Super 8 Spokane/West, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are most glad you enjoyed our Park and Fly program. We offer a 4:30AM shuttle to Spokane International Airport to meet the needs of our guest when you need it. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We didn't particularly want to stay at this location but after a long day of traveling it was the first place we found that accepted pets. The staff was unfriendly and slow to check in. The hallways smell extremely weird and look dirty. There was hair in the bed and bathroom. You have to make a bit of a drive to go do anything in town or get food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Your review has been received. We accept all kinds of pets. We feel that they are our guest to. We apologize that our staff did not meet your needs. We do try our hardest to exceed our guest expectations. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Pros - indoor pool ( though very cold) and hottub

Cons- if staying by stairs , extremely noisy , A/C functional though very loud cycling. Tiny rooms, very firm bed, remote location, nothing close by.

Hotel works for a quick overnight sleep - would not recommend for any extended stays.

Room Tip: avoid rooms close to the stairs - lower floor is a smoking floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank letsbereasonable
supersales8, Director of Sales at Super 8 Spokane/West, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Thank you for staying at Spokane Super 8 West. Our 24hr indoor pool and hot tub is a main amenity offered by us that our customers enjoy. We have replaced many of our air conditioners/ heaters to continually upgrade our property.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had to make last minute plans to visit Spokaneso I decided to try the Super 8, mainly for price. When I checked in, the young lady at the counter gave me options as to easy access on the first floor or a quiet corner on the third floor. I opted for quiet, and the room was away from the noisy kids that seem to be everywhere. However, the exhaust fan for the entire hotel was located in that corner and roared all night long. If a solid humming noise does not disturb your sleep then this is a good choice. Unfortunately, I am a light sleeper. The room was clean and the staff was very attentive. If not for the noisy droning, I would have rated this hotel a 4. If you have kids, this would be an excellant choice.

Room Tip: Stay away from the south east corner if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Conquistad0r

Thank you for choosing Spokane Super 8 West. When we have the available rooms we try to
accommodate our guest by informing them of the room types available and the location in our hotel that would best suit their needs. I do apologize for our fan system and for the noise. Thank you for choosing Super 8.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I made my reservations on-line and accidentally chose the wrong Super 8. When I discovered the mistake I was told by the booking agent that I could not cancel or change my reservation due to their policy. I proceeded to check into the Super 8 at Spokane/West and discussed my dissatisfaction with the manager (Robin Williams) and she immediately called the booking agency and was able to cancel the reservation. I was able to book at the intended Super 8 which was 15 miles across town, saving me an abundant amount of travel due to all my engagements being on the east side of Spokane vice the west side. I was extremely pleased with Ms. Williams professionalism and concern for my stay with Super 8.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We understand that booking the wrong hotel does happen from time to time, and we are glad that our General Manager was able to meet your request. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Every summer my husband and I visit our family in Missoula, Montana. To get there, we fly into Spokane, WA, rent a car and drive to Missoula. On our return trip, we stay at the Super 8 in West Spokane, near the airport. Last year I wrote the manager asking why he/she allowed the motel to deteriorate. We were disappointed that no upgrades had been made since the motel opened several years ago. Our stay was unpleasant.

This year, the upgrades have been made and we were as comfortable as can be! New carpeting, drapes and bedspreads made the motel's appearance quite inviting. Each room has a new Amana air conditioner/heater which was more than adequate. The towels and sheets had been replaced with good quality brand-new linens.

Through the years we've experienced motels where road crews and other workman are housed. We've come to like the arrangement because the workers go to work very early in the mornings, work hard all day, return to the motel to clean up, eat dinner and go to bed early. They are quiet and barely visible. This motel houses such crews and we appreciate the clientele!

Despite the squeaky bathroom door (which we reported to the front desk) and the cheaper variety of Kleenex (like tissue paper), our stay was extraordinarily positive. Breakfast for these road crews is exceptionally varied and tasty. We chose from waffles, biscuits and gravy, fruit and sweet rolls, bagels and muffins, and cereal, juices and Farmer Brothers coffee! Excellent!

We breakfasted at the edge of the swimming pool and hot tub. That was a plus -- poolside eats! I'm happy to recommend this motel to travelers.

1  Thank buckandjudy

Thank you for visiting us again! We are most glad that you are noticing the changes we are continually making. We also have more changes that are in the near future. Thank you for staying with us year to year, and we will see you next year.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. People working the desk were pleasant and competent. Room was clean and orderly. Bathroom was spotless. Breakfast is pretty decent. Choice of juices, milk, coffee. Donuts, bread, cereal, waffle maker, biscuits and gravy.

Room didn't have a refrigerator. Not an issue, didn't need one. Perhaps other rooms have them? Didn't have a microwave either.

Didn't use wireless since I had my own internet access.

Back door entrance was unlocked when I used it. Perhaps they lock it at night? No matter, that's what deadbolts on motel room doors are for.

When booking a room, I'd suggest you ask to be placed away from the stairways and the ice maker.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

We pride ourselves on being clean and comfortable. I am most glad our front desk staff met your expectations and helped make your stay pleasant. Please come back and visit us again.