The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Ruby(Spokane)
  • Pool
Ruby2(Spokane)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
1,832 results
All reviewsthe palm courthistoric davenportacross the streetpeacock loungeself guided toursafari roomwalking tourpeanut brittlenewer towerturn down servicewalk in showersafari themevalet parkinglarge showerbeautiful lobbydowntown spokaneroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We got a great deal on our stay at the Davenport Tower. With the breakaway package we spent $200 for the night but $100 of that was meant to be used as a food credit. The food was great and was very reasonably priced and the rooms were nice with amazing bed sheets!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I stayed in the Towers, which are relatively new and a completely different hotel than the main historic Davenport Hotel. Separated by half a block, the Towers have their own lobby, parking, restaurants, and pool/exercise facilities. So, consider this a review of the Davenport Towers.

The lobby is very nice and the rooms are high end, with excellent bed, HD television, and high speed wireless Internet. The shower sets the room apart -- it is a huge, walk in shower with a equally large rain shower head. I could spend the day in there. The location is also perfect in the center of Spokane -- a short distance to Browne's Addition, the river, and most anything else you'd want.

The bad isn't even really bad, but nothing's perfect. I would have liked an iPod dock that most nice hotels have now, the pool and exercise rooms are small, and they have these really dated wall-mounted shampoo/soap/lotion dispensers that are oh-so-1985. I also found the key-activated elevators a bit much -- it's Spokane not NYC. But I'm being picky here. The Davenport is really nice, particularly on government rate.

Tip particularly for those staying the Towers -- there's a little self-guided tour of the historic hotel that you can take. There are brochures at the Towers front desk that guide you through the lovingly restored sections of the lobby and the Davenport's super ballroom spaces. It takes half an hour and is well worth the time.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I was at the Davenport 2 nights for work. Since I didn't pay for it, I can't rate the value. I ate at both the Palm Court and the Safari Room. The Palm Court is much better. I really wish I could have been in the original, older hotel, but my room was in the Tower, the newer portion. The room is nice, very clean and comfortable. A huge shower, and nice amenities. I am also pleased with the FREE wi-fi! So annoying to go somewhere and have to pay, as a guest for wi-fi.
I did have a less than great experience with my breakfast I ordered, where my order got lost and so I had to re-order it and it was late. Also, it wasn't the best... but everything else here has been great.
If I was getting married, the ballrooms in the older hotel are just amazing...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We have used this property a number of times on our tours, and it is always a wonderful stay. Our clients always LOVE it! The WOW! factor is off the chart! The restoration of this hotel is exceptional and it exudes the feel of a very elegant time and place in the history of Spokane. The service, rooms, food and staff are all excellent. You feel spoiled by them. The hotel's group reservations office is very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. The on-site restaurants, as well as their nearby properties provide excellent food. It is convenient for downtown shopping and touring and not a far drive to Spokane's amazing old neighborhoods and city gardens. I recommend this property to both groups and individuals. It is a special place.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed November 6, 2010

My excitement to stay at The Davenport was quickly dashed to disgust! A dirty rag in the shower left unremoved for 2 days. To make up for it - a small adjustment to a dinner bill BUT the manager couldn't be found to adjust teh bill. So many levels of disappointment left unresolved! Nobody cared.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business