“Amazing hotel that lives up to its reputation.” 5 of 5 stars

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Juneau, Alaska
“Amazing hotel that lives up to its reputation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way from Denver to Juneau. I scored a good deal on priceline, so we didn't pay full price. If not, I could not have afforded to stay here. The room was really nice, with huge beds that you almost needed a ladder to get into. Large bath and separate shower. Service was first rate, what you would expect from a four star hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank austin a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Loved this hotel The detail in the lobby is crazy cool. Nice coffee shop in the latte for a quick pick me up in the morning. Our room was very comfortable, nice big tub and walk in shower. Bed was soft and comfy. If you are there on a Sunday morning, the brunch is an absolute must do!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Repeat stay at the Davenport Hotel.
A beautifully restored hotel with great attention to detail - both in design and service.
Although the hotel was busy during our stay we were happy with the service shown by staff.
Our parlor suite room was large & very well equipped and the bed was very comfortable.
Try to take advantage of the early bird dining in the wonderful Palm Court; the food was excellent and the price unbeatable.
Davenport is located in downtown Spokane within an easy walk of the riverside park and shopping & nightlife. It was nice to leave the car in the garage.

Room Tip: Stayed in main hotel Parlor suite is larger room with separate sitting area
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim W
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I just stayed at the Davenport Hotel this past weekend and we were not disappointed. The room was so beautiful, the bed amazing!( I am going to buy one when my current bed needs replaced-you can inquire about them in the hotel 'Home' store) It is so comfortable that I have trouble getting out of it in the morning! The service is impeccable! Turn down service is so professional and thoughtful. My toiletries ,which I had thrown all over the bathroom, were so beautifully arranged when I got back from a fun day in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene, ID. I was so impressed. Lots of great restaurants in the hotel and in walking distance to the hotel. I will return for sure.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel and not in the annex hotel. I heard the rooms are better in the main hotel.
Green Features: I appreciate the 'green' cards in the bathroom suggesting a more that one- time use of towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Loved staying at The Davenport. The surrounding area is really not all that great...seems that if you're near a bus station you're always going to get a mixed crowd of crazies. Either way, the hotel itself was nice. The breakfast in the downstairs restaurant in the tower was super delicious and reasonably priced. I loved the safari theme! My room had a huge mirror behind the bed which I found rather comforting for some reason. I'd love to go back to Spokane some day and stay there again! Nightly rates were also reasonably for being such a nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have been staying at this hotel every year in July and I have been remiss in reviewing it. This hotel Is one of a kind. It underwent a multi-million dollar renovation years ago and has brought back the old world charm. The minute you walk into the lobby you are transformed to years gone by. The staff go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

We have stayed in the Tower but do prefer the old hotel for its charm. The restaurant in both the tower & hotel serve quality food....try the Crab Louie - they are known for it. The rooms are beautifully appointed. The furnishings beautiful and the beds are perfect. You can actually purchase Davenport beds if you wish. My only complaint would be the pillows......they are small and not very firm. I find I have to stack them but the good thing is there are plenty on the bed.

The hotel is located in downtown Spokane....a short walk away from River Front Square for shopping and restaurants. There a many restaurants within walking distance.

My yearly trip to Spokane to join my husband on business is dependent on staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms. We have stayed on different floors and in different parts of the hotel and...
Green Features: Love the fact that they are environmentally friendly. We do not need fresh towels or linens every day. LED bulbs are a given now. It is always nice to see a hotel concerned with the environment.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Davenport Tower and it was amazing! The hotel is beautiful and very clean.
We ate dinner at the Safari Room and it was delicious. The bed in our room was very comfortable! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014