“Great Hotel”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We've stayed here now three times on our way to Seattle. Easy to find right off the I90. Downtown is bit of a ghost town but then again you don't have to deal with crowds. The gym is respectable with enough weights and cardio machines. Staff is friendly and easy to deal with. We never valet as you can self park right across the street for a bit of a discount.

Will continue to stay here when passing through.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have been staying at the historic Davenport Hotel for the better part of a year for business. The hotel is true to it's past though with all the modern conveniences. The rooms are well appointed and the beds the most comfortable I have experienced. Though considered a high end hotel the overall feel is down to earth and the staff offers just the right level of attention. The Davenport has a nice restaurant and bar on premise and is in easy walking distance to downtown shopping and eating/drinking establishments.

Room Tip: Deluxe King rooms are perfect for traveling couples.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We have stayed all over the world and the Davenport ranks with the best. Everything is first class. Prices are very reasonable for what you get. Staff is great!! The rooms in the old hotel are the best. The hotel was remodeled in about 2000 back to its grandeur in 1914. The lobby and ballrooms, are gorgeous down to the smallest details. The rooms in the main hotel are beautiful with decor and furniture style back to the early 1900s. This is a grand place! The hotel has wonderful restaurants and bars. The hotel us within a few blocks of great shopping and maybe 6 blocks from the Spokane Riverwalk and convention center. Valet service is excellent . Hotel has a spa and pool and garden /walk area on the 3 rd floor.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main hotel. I think any room would be nice. We had a corner room with lots of light...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Davenport Hotel twice in the past year, and both visits did not disappoint. Both times we stayed in the Honeymoon Suite in the Davenport Tower.

The room is very large with a large whirlpool bath. I love that the whirlpool bath is away from the actual bathroom, and is quite large. The suite also has a large walk-in shower with two shower heads, which had great water pressure. There's a fireplace, a place to hook up your phone/ipod to listen to music, and a mini-fridge and sink. I always appreciate having a mini-fridge, because we like being able to keep drinks cold and store any snacks or leftovers. The chairs in the 'living area' are kind of uncomfortable, but the bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

The staff has always been extremely professional and courteous. We enjoy the bar in the lobby in the evenings, and the Safari Grill has a great breakfast.

Some other reviewers have mentioned that they don't like the safari theme in the tower, but I love it! It's just nice to have something different. We're from Montana, so it's seems like everything is log cabin/outdoors theme, so it's kind of funky and fun. The hotel is very clean and pleasant.

Would highly recommend for a long stay or just a quick romantic getaway.

Room Tip: I've heard that all of the rooms are nice, but if you like whirlpool baths the Honeymoon Suite i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at the Davenport Towers for one night while we in Spokane to see Wicked. It’s a great downtown location within walking distance to the theatre, pubs, restaurants, and shopping. I felt it was a bit pricey for an average room - it felt a bit bare in the décor. I didn't really understand the African safari theme throughout the hotel although it was fun. The rooms are elegant and clean, I guess I just expected something a bit more modern. The mirrored wall behind the bed is a bit cheesy décor for such a classy place. The huge shower and the spacious vanity area in the room were great. We were on a high floor and barely heard any traffic or other hotel guest noises.The turn-down service with their peanut-brittle is a nice touch.

We enjoyed the pool and the hot tub, but the chlorine chemical smell was a bit overwhelming when we first walked in. The pool is below ground on the floor below the lobby so there are no windows and didn't seem to have good ventilation. Worked for us though and and appreciated the quiet on Sunday morning.

We had one big complaint, not about the hotel, but about the Post Street Ale house which is owned by the Davenport. We thought it would be a fun and convenient place to stop for a drink and appetizer following the show as it’s kitty-corner to the Davenport Tower. The service was absolutely terrible! The server ignored us when there was hardly anyone else in the pub. When she did attend to us she spilled our drinks and didn't clean it up, ignored our dirty dishes, and was overall really rude. I wouldn’t go back to this place or recommend it to anyone. Following our horrid experience there, we stopped for a drink in the lobby bar – the Safari Room - where we had prompt service.

On Sunday morning we ate brunch at the Safari Room Grill which was overpriced and average quality, so a little disappointing.

Overall, I might stay here again but would definitely dine and drink elsewhere. Next time I might splurge and try the original Davenport Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I booked a room at the classic/old Davenport for my wedding night knowing this is one of the nicest hotels in Spokane. I have been in side the lobby and some of the banquet halls but never stayed there. When we entered our room I was surprised at how big it was. The bathroom was very big as well with a standup walk in shower. Two of my favorite things about staying here are the great bathrobes provided to guests. These robes are very comfortable and warm. Secondly, the bed was very relaxing. Our room did not have much of a view but being in the center of downtown Spokane I did not expect much of one. They do have a sun deck/ lounge area. It looks very clean and pleasant when the weather is nice. We had vale park our car and they did a fine job. If we wanted to save some money we probably could have parked ourselves in the lot but it was worth it on our long day.
Overall this hotel is very nice to stay at for the price. It may seem a little expensive but you get what you pay for. One thing is certain you cannot beat the central location downtown. The hotel was perfect for our special occasion and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We went to Spokane to visit an old friend over the July 4th weekend and at his suggestion we booked the Davenport. We stayed in the original redone hotel and not the newer tower. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom was great. Service was friendly and efficient.
We only ate one meal, breakfast, at the hotel but it was very good and service was attentive.
A classic hotel and surprisingly affordable.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family