“Beautiful Historic Hotel in the heart of downtown Spokane”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have been her multiple times for business but decided to bring my family for the 4th of July weekend. We were just a few blocks from Riverfront Park which had a wonderful fireworks show. The location is ideal - within just a few blocks, you have theaters, shopping, food, waterfront, park with plenty of activities for kids. This hotel is also dog friendly. The rooms are well maintained and furnished - I'd almost say there is a bit too much furniture in the standard rooms. I wish the windows opened for fresh air. The beds are extremely comfortable and rooms are quiet. Valet is quick and courteous and I adore the old doorman :) We ate breakfast on site and it was average - nothing too special but still decent. This is a perfect hotel if you are visiting Spokane - great value as well.

Room Tip: Request a room in the Hotel for the historic, classic rooms and decor - the tower rooms are very nic...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The old hotel that many famous folk have stayed at. A couple of blocks from the mall, food such as PF Changs and Red Robin, and a few blocks from Riverfront park. An expansive park on the river. It took me under 15 minutes to walk to the convention center. Beds were very comfortable.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Spent a weekend at the Davenport Hotel in June. As always, the accommodations were perfect. The room was clean, bed comfortable, plenty of outlets, luxurious bathroom, and fantastic service. I get a corporate discount and that makes it a good value. I highly recommend the Davenport Hotel, especially if you can get a special weekend rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I visted over the Indipendence Day week and treated myself to a massage and pedicure. I'd heard grand things about the Davenport Spa and wanted to try it. The spa experience was WONDERFUL! They treat you like a princess while you wait and between treatments. The lounge is immaculate, very private showers, toilets and dressing room along with locking cupboards for your belongings. The massage was great. The pedi was ok, and why I only gave 2 stars. The treatment itself was good, but not worth the $60 price tag and within 2 days my pinky toe polish popped completely off and by day 4 another nail chipped. I won't be going back for another pedi, as I can do it better my self but this time couldn't because I was 8mo pregnant.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank shelby d
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Although I did not actually stay at the Davenport. I did have lunch there and went for drinks after theatre. The Peacock lounge is a great place to just have a late night bite and the hotel is a lovely old Spokane institution. Lunch was great and the Crab Louis is a real treat. The Palm Court is just perfect as was the service. Thank you Louis Davenport for the savory salad!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Wow, what a huge room. We stayed in a deluxe king room in the old davenport, not the tower. Beautiful old world furnishings in the room as well as lobby. I was impressed with the space and amenities for a downtown hotel. Only a short couple block walk to river front park and Spokane falls. There were tons of restaurants and cafés in the area to grab a bite or have a cold one. The historic photos and artifacts that decorated the upper portion on the lobby really made you feel like you were becoming a part of history. They also left some doors open to take a peek at the grand ball rooms that are features of this historic building. Turn down service always that extra step to that upscale feeling. I truly enjoyed the location and features of the area. The historic architecture and fine details made for a very romantic grand atmosphere. Not so sure I was a fan of paying $15 a day to park in the parkade for the price I paid for the room. Overall great choice experience. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla_G14
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here for Hoopfest just last weekend and it was wonderful even on a busy weekend. We valet parked our car and had help with all of our bags. The staff was friendly and excited for the crazy weekend. The cost of the hotel room was double what we usually pay when staying at the tower or the main hotel but we expected that since it was hoopfest. They also charge your card 30 days in advance with no cancellations once they charge your card. We loved the location and feel it is your best choice for hoopfest. We didn't have to use our car once it was parked, that was worth it as well.
The rooms are beautiful and spacious for our family. The bathroom is big and with the hotel being at full capacity we didn't hear a neighbor on either side of us. We were able to unpack our bags, there is plenty of closet space.
Overall, our stay was once again wonderful and plan to make this our annual hoopfest hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family