“Lovely Stay”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I were given a one night stay at The Davenport as a wedding present. We had been to the hotel for dinner on occasion and enjoyed the ambiance immensely. Staying at the hotel overnight was no exception. The room was gorgeous, the furnishing were beautiful and substantial. The service was impeccable and welcoming. Everything was as we had hoped it would be, so as not to dash our perceptions of what the hotel should be. Fear not, this place is as nice as you think it should be.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin O

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Having lived in Spokane many years ago, we decided to stay at the Davenport Tower during our daughter's college grad weekend. We were not disappointed and it brought back many fond memories. From the spacious rooms, superb room service and excellent coordination of cabs for city travel by the transportation desk, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Even with Bloomsday and all the related events going on that weekend, the staff never seemed overwhelmed or unattentive. Whenever we go back to Spokane, the Davenport will be our first choice.

Room Tip: Since it was Bloomsday and we wanted a good view of the city, we chose the upper floors of the tower...
Reviewed June 2, 2014

During a business trip to Spokane, I had the priviledge of staying in the Davenport Towers. -- Oh my my....it was lovely. Everything a traveler could hope for. Lovely room -- neat, tidy, and fresh. Housekeeping did a great job maintaining the room while I was there....Turn down service was a delicious surprise. Everything was top notch. Nothing less than the best.

My work was exhausting -- so wonderful beds, spacious rooms, lovely lounge chair, and fast and friendly room service was greatly appreciated. (I ordered a salad and iced tea --- less than 15 minutes.)

Did not see a dust ball....sign of wear.... or anything indicating neglect.

Only bump in my stay was the car service from the airport. I called the hotel with the car service in my vision. I wanted to get in the car with the other patron and that was not allowed thus I waited 20 minutes for my own car. Didn't like that.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LaunatkPortRoyal
Reviewed June 1, 2014

May 23 of this year, my husband and I arrived at the historic Davenport Hotel for a two night stay. We are retuning guests. My family, like many others, associate many special occasions with the Davenport Hotel. We arrived late afternoon, driving into the covered valet parking entrance. Cars were lined up and it took some time before the staff got the line moving again. The reception desk clerk seemed young and inexperienced. We are returning guests and asked for a quiet room. The desk clerk told me she was giving us a room on the same floor where I had stayed during a previous visit. Instead we were assigned a room on the fourth floor at the end of a hallway next to the hotel's large air vent that we heard throughout our stay. Normally, I would have asked for another room. However, my husband was ill and did not want to bother with a room change. The hotel beds are excellent and, I understand, made especially for the hotel by a local Spokane company. The second day, while my husband nursed his bad cold, I met with an old friend and her husband. I called at noon to make a dinner reservation for 6 p.m. at the Palm Court Grill, requesting a booth near a window. Only getting its voice mail, I left a message with my request and my room number. Later in the afternoon, when I had not received a confirmation call, I stopped by the reservation desk. They had not received my message. Instead the Palm Court Grill staff member took my reservation down and told me there would be no problem. I returned at 6 p.m. with my friend and her husband only to be greeted by a staff member who told me there were a number of reservations ahead of me and a large party of 20 expected at any moment. She asked if we would be willing to be seated in the lobby area near the fireplace. We agreed, but I was disappointed my reservation had been so poorly handled from start to finish. My friend and I ordered the scallops. They were very salty. While staying at the hotel, I met my cousins for breakfast at the Safari Room. It was a delicious breakfast and excellent service. My chief complaint about our stay at the Davenport is its failure to listen and respect my room and dinner reservation requests, especially when I had called ahead. My previous stays at the hotel were exceptional, including the food, that is why I am especially sadden to write an unflattering review of this beautiful historic hotel.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before settling in for the night to ensure you have received the room you requeste...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne C
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We must apologize that your stay did not live up to the quality you have come to expect based on previous stays. Please know that this is not typical. Your feedback regarding the dining reservation process is being shared with our Restaurant General Manager ~ Rest assured, he will be following up with the team to ensure that situations such as yours are not repeated. Sharing your experience gives us an opportunity to improve, and we surely do appreciate this opportunity. Thank you for your kind words regarding your previous visits, and we will look forward to your future visit.

Kind Regards ~

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed in the Tower. As someone mentioned it has somewhat of a jungle theme. Beautiful, nicely done. The beds and bedding made you feel as if you were in a 5 star big city hotel. The pool was wonderful, just the right temperature. We walked over to the old Davenport. Very old world elegance. What a delight to find such a lovely hotel in Spokane. The city should be very proud. If I went to Spokane again I would definitely stay at the Davenport, and probably the Tower as I was very pleased with everything.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NancyS43
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I love staying in this downtown, historic hotel. And it's not just friends, I always hear my friends mention staying at the Davenport, especially for special occasions like anniversary! In the heart of Spokane, it's location is central to everything and within walking distance to some of Spokane's finest attractions and dining. It's also a great place to meet a girlfriend for lunch or coffee in the lobby. It's the HEART of Spokane!

1  Thank Carrie A
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We love the Davenport. First class all the way! So much so that we are having our wedding in the historic building next year. Check out the wedding packages offered. I love how the bathroom has large dispensers for the shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. I hate dealing with the little bottles like most hotels. Thanks to the Worthy's for restoring the Davenport=)

Room Tip: Watch the 75 minute Davenport history video on your room tv. You will learn the Davenport was super...
1  Thank a64f