“Great hotel, short on cleaning”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Walla Walla, Washington
“Great hotel, short on cleaning”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We have always enjoyed the Davenport and decided to splurge on a pre-Christmas trip. We stayed in a suite with a fireplace and a downtown view. The carpet was soiled and the bathroom and shower had a lot of long, black hair from a former visitor. I will have to rethink staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy K
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We must apologize for the lack of cleanliness that you encountered. Please know that this is not typical of the service that we offer, nor is it up to our standards. Feedback like this assists us in ensuring similar instances do not reoccur. We do hope that if presented with the opportunity to return, you would consider staying with us again in the near future. Again, thank you for feedback, it is surely appreciated.

Kind Regards ~

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moses Lake
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I needed a break from the farm and all the fog we have had this winter. Decided to take a short trip with my elderly mother to a show in Spokane. Loved the Towers with a great location and a shuttle to our event. Staff was helpful and accommodating to make the stay memorable and easy for my mother. Wonderful beds and great night sleep in a spotlessly clean room. Central location nice for shopping and dining to many great locations. I will be going again when I get that closed in feeling.

Room Tip: Might check out the Davenport hotel first for rooms they were full when I went.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy B
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed in the historic Davenport last weekend and had a fantastic time. We had booked a one night package which gave us a 75 dollar dining credit. Since I am eight months pregnant, my husband and I were looking for a relaxing, romantic place to get-away before the baby comes. When we arrived we were offered an upgrade to a Penthouse room which had a jetted tub and a fireplace for a small increase in price. We took it and were delighted with our room as it exceeded our expectations. The hotel is beautiful and we were treated very well by the hotel staff. We took advantage of the valet parking with our package and I highly recommend doing that, especially as the weekend gets very busy there and there are a lot of events taking place. One way that we felt we received excellent service was they stored our luggage for a few hours for us after our check-out time, as I was scheduled for a treatment in the spa. It was great not to worry about that at all, since we had traveled in from out of state. We dined in the hotel and had a fantastic dinner and breakfast at the Palm Court Grill! We would love to go back and try the other restaurants. The Peacock Room looked like a lot of fun. My husband and I would definitely go back and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zooboard
Seattle
Reviewed January 26, 2014

They don't make them like this anymore. We usually stay in the historic Davenport (in contrast to the new Tower). It has grandeur and elegance of the bygone era of its origin. The restoration of the hotel is impeccable with numerous modern touches (doorbells, no less). The staff is professional and amazingly attentive to detail. Special attention to service - like town car service to restaurants. If you want a coffee maker in your room, stay at a Hampton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at The Davenport in the tower building (across from the historic location, 3 of the 4 corners are owned by The Davenport, 2 have hotel buildings and the third a self park facility) for 2 nights in mid January 2014 (MLK Jr. weekend). Loved the design of the property and rooms, which feel spacious (we had a standard room on the 16th floor, #1672) without being pretentious or over the top. Rooms are nicely furnished with flat screen TVs, high end bath products and linens, and very comfortable beds (I prefer a soft mattress, these might be a bit soft if you prefer a firmer surface). Attentive staff, excellent bar downstairs (The Safari Room, the tower has a tasteful African safari theme throughout the property). We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, rooms face either north towards downtown mall area or south to the South Hill...
Green Features: The property is LEED Gold certified. I liked that the bath products are in larger dispensers so that you can avoid all the waste from the tiny single use products commonly seen in most hotels in the USA.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jordan C
Tulalip, WA (USA)
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Normally a shuttle ride from the airport is in a van. Oh no, not at the Davenport. I was greeted at the airport with Dav 1, which is a Mercedes sedan (not sure the exact year, but guessing 2010-2013 ish). I honestly had to make sure I wasn't dreaming. My first thought was "If this is the shuttle, what does the hotel look like!?"
I stayed in the Old Tower, which I Loved!!! The history in that place is amazing. I couldn't stop looking at all the pictures and reading all the history. Talk about taking you back in time. It was beautiful!! All the architecture was stunning!
Not only was the building beautiful, the service was just as grand. All staff were very professional and courteous.

Would not mind going back and staying again...... Till next time Spokane

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank travelinNDN
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the davenport during business meeting. The hotel is historic but not dated. The rooms are very large with comfortable beds. The bath is modern with large tub abd separate shower. Building interior has ornate archietectural detail. Down side - proximity to rail (loud), and food cost

• Stayed January 2014