“Excellent Modern Rooms”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First time at the Davenport Tower over the weekend, was very pleased with my stay. Very modern clean rooms, mostly spacious, very comfy beds, beyond excellent service. Check-In and valet was very fast. Will be staying again for sure. Best place I've stayed at in Spokane hands down.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed in the 'old' hotel; not the tower or the Lusso. It has been recharged and is a wonderful place to stay and relax. The staff is solicitous; the ambiance one of comfortable old charm and elegance. They have a 'terrace' where you can relax and enjoy the sun, or a twilight with cocktail. If I'm in Spokane, I'm staying at the Davenport.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for an evening on our way to Oregon. The hotel is striking. The service is friendly and professional. It is located close to Riverfront Park. The Tower Suite works very well for kids. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking towards the river.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The staff at the Davenport Tower have been incredibly well trained. Everyone is helpful And friendly even on a crazy weekend (Hoopfest.). The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are comfortable. The food and drinks are reasonably priced. The location is near all of downtown Spokane.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RailroadCrossing
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Along with a group of cycling friends, we stayed at the Davenport Towers for both pre-ride and post-ride nights. Marvelous hotel with impeccable service. Our room was spacious, clean and functional. You are within walking distance of a multitude of restaurants. Can't go wrong with the Davenport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've been staying at the Davenport Main Hotel 2 to 3 times a year or more for the last 6 years, primarily in the Parlour Suite or the Penthouse Suite. Due to the exceptional service, rooms & dining, we were married in the Porter Room on the mezzanine level in May 2012 & stayed in the Davenport Apartment that has access to the beautiful patio on the 4th floor. My expectations were not only met but were far exceeded. We plan to spend all of our anniversaries at the Davenport & did so in May 2013.

I know every time I enter the main hotel, all my cares & worries will float away & I'll be treated as if I'm one of the many celebrities who have stayed at the hotel since 1914. I love looking at the lobby ceiling, walls & decorations while dining or sipping a Starbucks latte; exploring other parts of the hotel; looking at exhibits of items early in the Davenport history; & reading about its history & Louis Davenport who had the the original hotel built & was a stickler for exceptional service. I don't think I'll ever tire of it or know enough about it.

I'm originally from Spokane but have spent the last 35 years in the Seattle area. I was never in the Davenport while I was still in Spokane but my grandparents dined & danced there in the early 1900s when they were young, & their friends Mr. & Mrs. Dick Ringling were in town with the circus. Sometmes I can hear music of the era & see shadows of people dancing gracefully in the ballrooms. I once danced small sections of several ballets in one of the ballrooms when it was open & empty. It was truly magical!

I've stayed at many 4 star hotels including the Grand Wailea on Maui for our honeymoon & while you can't beat the ocen views, nothing else measured up the Davenport Hotel.

P.S. If you love late 1880s & early 1900s architecture, take the time to drive up to the south hill in Spokane & drive the numerous streets around Manito & Corbin Parks. Also stop at Manito when the lilacs & roses are in season.

You may also want to visit the old Marycliff High School campus where I went to school in the 1970s which has 2 mansions. Nearby is the Corbin Home that is with a visit. The original Mr. Corbin kept his mistress in in the Marycliff chapel.

God Bless Mr. & Mrs. Worthy (their last name says everything) for restoring the Davenport Hotel & the Hotel Lusso, & building the Tower!!!

Room Tip: Check out the specials on the Davenport Hote website. I can highly recommend the Romantic & Spa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We attended a wedding in Spokane and were housed in the Davenport Tower. It certainly has a "wow" factor, as the hotel is done in a safari mode. Our room was large, spacious and well appointed. The walk-in shower was quite large. The bed had a very nice quality of linen, and although comfortable, was a little too soft for us, but nothing to complain about. You could not find a more accommodating staff from the car park right through the check-out. It was just an over-all pleasant experience and should we ever return to Spokane it will be the hotel of our choice.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad room in this hotel.