“Beautiful architecture, historic and relaxing.”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a large suite with a king bed overlooking the park and river. The rooms are very clean with comfortable king beds and large windows. The walk in shower and separate bath is our favorite and all of the provided toiletries are l'occitane products. The spa is a nice setting though a little crowded with not a lot of seating. Not the best waxing services which are over priced considering the results. Great products offered.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Heidero22
There are newer reviews for The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a beautifully restored historic hotel in the heart of downtown Spokane. It's within walking distance to wonderful restaurants, shops and walking trails. The rooms are spacious and stocked with wonderful shampoos and soaps. And I love the soft peanut "bruttle" left by the bed!

Room Tip: I like to older hotel property. Coworkers stayed in the adjoining tower, with the animal print them...
1  Thank SharonO503
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here for a reunion. The valet service was outstanding! Bar food and wait service good. The front desk staff on three separate occasions were VERY RUDE! Our room was so far away from the elevator that we almost needed a trail of breadcrumbs to find it and this was not for a quieter room as our room had a connecting inner door to another room where there were 2 small children. Noisy!!
Poor lighting over vanity..had to turn on the closet light to apply make-up.
No newspaper at our door in the AM but they were left at doors of other rooms on our floor.
Keep the blinds closed as the view from our room was the dirty roof top of the building next door. Expensive even with group rate!

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower as I have heard the rooms are better or stay elsewhere and tour the hotel and eat...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 2worldtourists
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that expectations were not met during this particular visit. Please know that this is not typical of the service that we offer. The comments regarding the service you received at our front desk are appreciated, and we will surely follow up with our team. Also, thank you for the comments regarding the lighting and the newspaper service, these will also be brought to the attention of the managers of those areas. We do hope that you will visit us again, and if so, at the time of reservation, we would suggest making a request for a high floor as to have a different view than you experienced this time. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we do look forward to having you as a guest in the near future.

Kind Regards ~

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Davenport Hotel this week while in Spokane on business. From the moment we pulled up, the hotel - and, more importantly, the hotel staff - exceeded expectations. Every staff member with whom I interacted was a rare combination of professional, kind, and sincere. And even more remarkable to me, everyone seemed happy and proud of the property and their part in making it run. They should be.

I was fortunate enough to stay in a suite and it was spacious, deliciously quiet, and well equipped with two large flat screen tv's, a full-sized microwave and decent sized refrigerator, and plenty of room to hang out and get work done. The bed (to me, anyway) was extraordinary comfortable. I sleep poorly in just about every hotel, but slept well in this one.

There's a Starbuck's cafe in the lobby that opens early (5:00am, I think) which I LOVE! I'm always blown away when I go to a city and you can't get a cup of coffee until after 6 (wake up, Austin!).

One of the highlights for me was their car service - available to guests on a complimentary basis for restaurant drop-offs, etc. Chris took us to dinner and "made" us get out to see the lower falls at night - wow, beautiful. That's thoughtful service.

A last note is that the property - even the standard rooms - are an incredible value. I won't post what I paid, but I will say that my room would have cost at least three times more if it were in Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas, Atlanta, etc.

Staying at the Davenport was refreshing. They reaffirmed for me that classic hotel elegance is still alive and can be executed in a distinctly friendly, approachable way.

1  Thank StuckInStLouis
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on business for one night only (unfortnetly). I stayed in the tower (15th floor).
The hotel staff (beginning with the valet parking staff; to the front desk; to the waiters and waitreses in both the Safari restaurant and the bar) were very friendly and accommodating.
The room was quiet and very clean. The bed was so VERY comfortable.

Room Tip: I stayed only in the tower and can't speak for the rest of the hotel.
1  Thank Brian2082
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The rooms are gracious and roomy. The. solid wood cabinets and bed headboards show fine wood crafting. The maids are thorough and do a great job. The comfy, ornate lobby has overstuffed furniture for me to lounge upon while writing this review while my husband sits at a cafe table doing his e-mail. The over head stained glass let s me know the sky outside in alternatively sunny and then cloudy. Free wi-fi through out the hotel has a strong signal. The fitness center has newer equipment and all the basics. We were her for three nights for less than $300. We probably got a government rate, and it is worth more.

1  Thank Katy E
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I booked a room at the tower for three nights in late December. On the third night we had decided to stay at the old hotel. The tower has a very small lobby so there's little to explore. But it was nice and clean. The service was good but not excellent. Front desk was very friendly. The vallet staff on the other hand was not as friendly as I would have expected. The room was also nice and clean and the beds were very comfy. I didn't care for their custom furniture counter/dresser and mirrored headboard. Looked tacky to me but over all I still think its aesthetically pleasing. The toiletries were wonderful. Shampoo and conditioner were a higher end product that made my very long hair feel so clean and soft. Even my 11 year old son noticed how good the shampoo was. The old hotel was elegant. Had a lot of information displayed around the hotel on its history and how it was brought back to life. I thought it was very interesting. Beautiful room and furnishings and the bathroom was also grand. The only thing is that I felt a bit creeped out in there. Maybe the old victorian style or just cause I knew that it was an old hotel. Both tower and hotel were quiet in the rooms and the pool was enjoyed by our kids. As far as location, it's walking distance to the mall so thats a plus for the ladies. It's downtown so surrounding streets seemed sketchy. Overall, I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family