“If the Worthy family spent more money, this hotel may get to 5 Star status”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Connell, Washington
“If the Worthy family spent more money, this hotel may get to 5 Star status”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Holes in the table linen, sorry Starbucks Barista, way-y-y too much money for the room I rented. I took PICTURES to prove every word I write. Smudges in the mirror, the hand lotion in the bathroom was the same lotion in the shower!! An unknown brand that was touted as a designer brand....

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Seafairer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I grew up in the Spokane area, and now we live about 30 minutes north of Spokane. Any excuse we have to stay at the Davenport Tower, we do! We have stayed in the tower over a dozen times and love it every time! Everything from the lobby to the rooms are very nice! Beds are super comfy! The Safari Room has a great happy hour and delicious flat breads!
Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice stay and fun experience!

Room Tip: We prefer to stay in the Tower because of the modern feel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LaceyBee
Wenatchee, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

A special stay...we were in the historical hotel part for two nights. Way fancier and way more money than our normal places to stay, but it was a special occasion and worked super. What a grand "old" (completely remodeled in 2002) place.

Loved the "museum" feel on the mezzanine. So may old pictures and items on display from the "old days."

One of our simple pleasures is sitting in the lobby with an expesso while reading and people watching.
The Safari Room bar in the tower has drinks and flatbread items at half price seven days a week from 4 to 6 p.m.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eraser
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was my first time in Spokane and I would definitely stay at the Davenport when I go back. It has two sections, the classic and historical Railway hotels of the past which is the original hotel and across the street it is the tower designed in a safari theme. Took me some time to get used to the motif in the tower but I got over it when I crawled into the bed. One of the best sleeps I had had in a long time in a very comfortable and large size room. They even sell the bed and its accessories if you want. They have a very good Spa, excellent restaurant and the service was exceptional. If you are there for business or pleasure it is the place to stay. Location cannot be beat and I think it is the best and nicest hotel in Spokane.

Room Tip: The tower side has the larger rooms and you can check in there as well. The cab will drop you off i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We are here visiting colleges in the area. We were told to stay downtown and get a feel for Spokane. The davenport was recommended and it is really pretty. Unfortunately they put us in a room with five compressors outside. The people down the hall were having a noisy open door party. Security came twice but I was told I was the only one who complained. Funny thing is I wasn't the one to make the call. The manager assumed!! Also she could have cared less if we stayed or not and graciously didn't charge us for an early departure fee. Now we are stuck trying to find a new hotel for the night

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Journeygrace
FrontOfficeDirector, Manager at The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our lobby! I am very sorry that your first impression of us was less than favorable. We should have been more proactive in our response to the noise you were experiencing. I am glad to hear that you were not charged and early departure fee. If coming to Spokane more frequently, we do want to ensure that we are the hotel of choice. Please know that what you experienced is not typical of the service offered, as most times, if available, a room move is offered. We do appreciate this constructive feedback, and do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind Regards ~
Medical Lake, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed in the main hotel for my wifes work party. Upon arriving we used the Hotel Vallet service, because at times it's hard to find parking downtown. Check-in was quick and painless. Hotel was very clean and every employee we encountered was kind and courtious. The room was awesome the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in any kind of hotel. You can actually purchase one of the bed's from Northwest bedding (the Davenport). That evening we enjoyed the soft peanut brittle that we were given during check-in. All attactions are with-in walking distnce from Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kootenay National Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed at this hotel in the original hotel (we stayed at the Tower across the street a couple of years ago. It too is quite spectacular.) As you know, the Davenport is an elegant property and service is top notch.

We booked a double room. The beds are sooooooo incredibly comfortable. The furnishings in the room are elegant and harken to an old-world feel, as if in Europe. Just loved it! The room was really large and spacious as was the very modern bathroom. We had some trouble with the TV. It just simply froze while on. The remote didn't work, neither did the controls directly on the TV. Finally, I took a chance and unplugged it from the wall (just as you might do sometimes with your computer.) I waited a minute or two and then plugged it back in and voila! The TV worked fine after that.

All throughout the hotel and our room the wood seems to be polished, carved cherry and teak and walnut. Just beautiful! I've included a number of photos to show this.

Very friendly and efficient at check in and check out. Very helpful about how to get around downtown. The location of this hotel is superb. Its a short walking distance to shopping, parks and restaurants.

Please be sure to go into the lounge. The stain glass above the bar is soooo beautiful. Food and drinks in the lounge were delicious.

We used valet parking. Its really such a great convenience and the valets are very courteous as well as helpful with directions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business