“Overall very nice”

The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The room was very nice, a steal for the money. I loved the peacock themed lounge and the old skool public areas. Attempted to eat breakfast here but the table beeper was broken so I waited longer than I wanted to so we left. It would have been 5 stars except for the breakfast snafu.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank axs666
Write a ReviewReviews (1,815)

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This is the place to stay while in Spokane. The hotel is central to everything. We stayed in the Tower. The rooms are very comfortable. Love the huge walk in shower. The staff knows what service is all about. We ate in the Safari room. The food was excellent and the wait staff provided top notch service. This is where we'll stay when we return to Spokane.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank gallagrrrr
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We felt welcome from the moment we arrived to the morning of departure. The esthetics of the building are designed to capture old world elegence and a recent make-over is tasteful and enhances the original amibience with every inside view pleasing to the eye.

We had dinner each night in the Palm Court where the prime rib is top notch.

The staff really make the stay worthwhile, offering to assist without being asked and courteous to a fault.

A trip back in time in every way.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was amazed when we stepped into the lobby of this Hotel- from the valet parking to walking in the door to be greeted to a veiw of superb beauty of how it was to stay in luxury in the 1900's - Just amazing! Everyone we encounterd was there to take care of us- and always greeted us with a smile- We have already booked another stay over Valentines day. Right downtown easy access to shopping and pubs and fantastic dining in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Let me start off by saying what I didn't get to experience...
I was unable to make it to the restaurants, the gym, or really any other amenities. I didn't get to explore downtown or anything either.
However, everything I saw was amazing. There are two parts to this hotel, the older historic part and the "tower" across the street. No matter which one you are staying in, you'll want to tour both lobbies. They are both beautiful and well appointed.
The room itself was awesome. I had never stayed there before and know that I was shown no preference or special treatment. That being said, my room was luxuriously appointed and super clean. Everything was in perfect working order and significantly better than what I thought the rate I paid entitled me to. It is truly hard to describe the quality and service- I would put the experience at a Ritz-Carlton level.
It was my first trip to Spokane and I didn't stay long (18 hours total- including the 6 hours of sleep). The town has a couple good restaurants and I look forward to a trip when I can explore longer.
Thanks-

Room Tip: The tower was great, but next time I'd like to try the other part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love the Davenport. The beautiful interior alone has caused me to walk through many times and I have organized lots of meetings with them (if you need to do a meeting here, their staff is wonderful and they are great to do business with.) I stayed here on September 22nd, 2012 in a Tower King room. I checked in late (even though I notified them it would be a late night check in), they had sold my room that I had booked. I was told by the concierge that because of this, I would be upgraded to a Suite. However, upon entering the room, I was not given an upgrade but instead a wheelchair accessible room. The only difference that I am aware of from a regular king room and this one was that the shower had the fold down seat and the toilet area had hand rails. I also noticed that there were no amenities in the bathroom as would be expected, however there is a note explaining that this is due to an interest in environmental conservation. In any case, I was disappointed that I was not given the upgraded room, as promised minutes earlier.

The room was smaller than expected. I thought it would be as big as the rooms at Quest Casino. However, it was beautifully decorated and nicely arranged. It had an intimate feel. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a lovely view of downtown Spokane. Overall, it was a good experience and I would definitely stay there again, and I fell that the $129 per night ( $159 on the weekend) was a fair price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlchemyAlice
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was our third visit to the Davenport Tower. Our second stay in a honeymoon suite (hence the Princess title). The rooms are spacious, comfortable and luxurious. Late night room service is prompt and professional. We have eaten in both the original Hotel and the newer Tower and the food and service in both are excellent. The robes are fluffy and the towels are huge and soft and plentiful. Which was good in the suite because there is a garden tub that I think should be advertised as a small pool. It is HUGE. There is a fireplace with two comfy chairs and then this huge expanse of space between those and the bed. The suite is 800 sq ft; bigger than our first house.

There is nothing I can think of to say about the Davenport that hasn't already been said. Well maybe this: if you get a pay per view movie it doesn't matter what kind you get. The receipt just says "in room movie" or something similarly generic.

Room Tip: Splurge and get her the honeymoon suite. The luxury far surpasses the additional cost and every wom...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple