WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
Folsom, California
“Beyond Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This by far is one of the best Hotels I've stayed in! The ambiance is amazing and the upkeep is meticulous. The staff is very accommodating and extremely friendly. The rooms are spacious and luxurious! The amenities are excellent! The bed is so comfy!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eastern Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Every now and then we spring for a fancy-schmancy hotel, and The Davenport Tower certainly delivered! Located adjacent the the historic Davenport Hotel, the Tower is just as nice as the original with easy access to the fabulous restaurants in the Hotel. The bed... oh my! it was like sleeping on a cloud! (You can actually purchase one to take home... I was tempted!) Roomy bathroom, comfortable temperatures. I would stay there again and again for any trip to Spokane!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family used to come here all the time when I lived in Canada, and we never tried this hotel. We booked a suite for about $200 (incredibly cheap) and stayed for the weekend.

The hotel is a classic, and a centerpiece in the CBD. We stayed in the older one, but ventured over to the newer addition, which is just across the street. It seems to have a completely different atmosphere, but still shows signs that it is indeed connected to the original. The bar is definitely a much needed addition to the downtown area, as we couldn't really find anything aside from restaurants that had a decent bar.

If you are on the top floor (where I imagine all the suites are situated) the wifi doesn't really work well. We were visiting from out of the country, so we didn't want to use our data plans, making this rather annoying.

The restaurants didn't seem to be that appealing, so we went elsewhere in the downtown area which was great. Lots of great restaurants within walking distance and some much appreciated park space, too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Moscow, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at the Towers for the first time. Less expensive than the main hotel. and for a younger crowd (had sports bar-like eating place as you walk through the lobby. The room was very spacious and bed very comfortable and sheets quality, no slippage. The room had no funny smells. They were full so by the time we checked in there was only a king-size suite that was for special needs - which meant the cool mirror off the wall in the bathroom was very low.I thought the counter was very small - even though the room was large (probably for wheelchair access). Disappointing was that we were right by the elevator. Always request a room away from the elevator when making reservations! They noted that in our profile when I mentioned it. I think our room faced north - floor 5 - with a view of roof top but over that you could see part of Spokane in the distance - nothing special - but there was no noticeable noise except when a car/truck below drove by with radio/speakers on super loud base! I would stay at the main hotel if I had my choice, but this room was more affordable. We ate at the Palm Court, nothing special. There was no coffee maker in our room and no refrigerator for dinner leftovers; however you can get Starbucks in the lobby. My husband and I enjoyed the hottub jacuzzi - it was plenty hot enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been staying in Spokane for business for 20 years and have never stayed here, so I decided to give it a try.

Overall I was very pleased with the room. It had a very comfortable bed and roomy walk-in shower and free wifi. Nicely decorated. Good location in downtown Spokane. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You will not be dissapointed staying here.

One major complaint is that there is no in-room coffee maker. I had to order a pot from room service, which came in minutes; perhaps the fastest service I have ever had; however, it adds $20 to the bill and after the $16 self-park bill the invoice is very much higher than quoted. This is typical for this type of hotel.

I may stay here again, but most likely return the Marriott Courtyard or Oxford Suites. If they had a coffee maker, it would probably be my go to hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 2dman
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Boy, the Davenport is certainly an unexpected pleasure. My son and I travelled to Spokane for a Gonzaga basketball game and were really surprised at our accommodations. Our room, in the old hotel portion was very nicely appointed and much larger than I expected. We had breakfast in the Palm Room, and it was also very nice. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Spokane.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This Hotel is a MUST for anyone visiting Spokane. The surrounding area has everything within walking distance. The prices were comparable to many hotels I have stayed in and far superior to many major chain hotels for the same price.
Ask to stay in the main hotel - the historic aspect is preferable but the Tower is also very nice. The staff exceeded my expectations. Checkout was a breeze. Room service was exceptional and the food was delicious.
The bath amenities provided included a comfy robe, shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in the bath. No need to have to pack these items anymore !
Beds extremely comfortable.
The staff was courteous, professional, and prompt.
I would definitely recommend it as it is one of the most beautiful Hotels I've ever seen. I have recommended it to a friend for her wedding and anticipating that trip next year.

Room Tip: Request the main hotel rather than the tower. It is Beautiful. There are great views on every side...